Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 1:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Started Maxalt, headaches switched sides? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Started Maxalt, headaches switched sides?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Started Maxalt, headaches switched sides?  (Read 208 times)
fuligin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ZJN   BJN
WWW Email

Started Maxalt, headaches switched sides?
« on: Sep 16th, 2005, 8:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I recently saw a neurologist for the first time.  I have an MRI coming up, but in the meantime he prescribed me Maxalt-MLT and said to call if it didn't work.  Well, it didn't, but not in the way I expected.

I took it three times.  Each time was before an afternoon attack, when I had a clue that a headache was coming.  Each time, about 10 minutes after taking the tablet, I got a headache.  Except these headaches are deep inside my brain on the right, whereas the usual place is above my left eye.  Then they ebb.  (This is the point where I thought it WAS working.)  Then maybe 15-20 after THAT, I get the "regular" blinding head pain.

Can Maxalt cause headaches of its own, distinct from a cluster or migraine?  I am going to skip the Maxalt tomorrow if possible, and see if I still get the teaser headache.
IP Logged

``````
I'll tell you what hurts. Snorting a habanero seed up your left nostril, that's what. You might also wonder could be worse. Why, a searing left nostril + the same blinding head pain! O_x
unsolved1

Email

Re: Started Maxalt, headaches switched sides?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It seems like every med has listed 'headache' as a possible side effect, but i've never heard of Maxalt causing a headache.  

Sounds like you need to find another abortive med.

Goodluck

UNsolved
IP Logged
fuligin
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ZJN   BJN
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 9:23pm »

Thanks.  I reacted badly to Imitrex injection also, though that didn't give me headaches.  Just made me feel very sick, weak, and tight-chested.

I wonder if the triptans just don't agree with me.  Or how many they'll make me try to confirm that.   Roll Eyes
IP Logged

``````
I'll tell you what hurts. Snorting a habanero seed up your left nostril, that's what. You might also wonder could be worse. Why, a searing left nostril + the same blinding head pain! O_x
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16th, 2005, 9:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There are 7 Triptans to try. Maybe one of the others will help you (or maybe they all will suck) Undecided Undecided

sumatriptan succinate [Imitrex] (oral, nasal, injectable)
 rizatriptan benzoate [Maxalt] (oral)
 zolmitriptan [Zomig](oral, nasal)
 naratriptan [Amerge]HCl (oral)
 almotriptan [Axert] (oral)
 frovatriptan [Frova](oral)
 eletriptan [Relpax] (oral).

Goodluck

UNsolved
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 8:02am »

Maxalt rabitab waffles have been working wonders with me. They take away ch instantly and I didn't get any more hits on that day. The only side effect I noticed was that sometimes I became very sleepy afterwards. My ch never swhiched sides because of maxalt.

But I do hope that you'll find a med which helps you with ch!

Best wishes,
Sanna Smiley
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss