Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 1:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Abortives with a heart condition?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Abortives with a heart condition??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Abortives with a heart condition??  (Read 235 times)
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Abortives with a heart condition??
« on: Sep 17th, 2005, 3:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What kind of abortives are there available to people who have a heart condition who can't use triptans?  

Zyprexa was tried once, until it was discovered that there is a possible heart issue with it. O2 is being used, but is not always effective. DHE doesn't work. What do the people here use who can't use trex or other triptans?

Using Verap as a prevent.

Svenn, the Atacand is a possibility, but not available at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your time. Smiley

Chris
IP Logged

lars2005

Email

Re: Abortives with a heart condition??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 4:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

sorry can't help you on this one but also would interest me.
I'm on the same situation except that I keep taking zomig on the condition of bearing the pain as much as i can.  
i've taken 2 since yesterday morning , the res of the day took valerian to sleep, probably will be doing the same thing today since i run out of med.
I have low rate (bradicardia)  low blodd pressure since a year ago, a ECG deteted a hear scartissue (?) and my T-axis is negative when should be positive (this one still have to go to another cardio)
but zomig was up till now the only abortive working for me.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Abortives with a heart condition??
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17th, 2005, 8:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Chris, I haven't been able to use triptans in 4 years. O2 was my only choice. The verap wasn't really working well on it's own. Kudzu was a more effective prevent (I stayed on verap, since my BP is high).  
What's worked best for me is CB. Both as a prevent and SPUT to abort.  
Red Bull works sometimes, also. I've also read of some getting quick results with ginger.
pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss