Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 4:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Something I thought of.....may help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Something I thought of.....may help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Something I thought of.....may help  (Read 232 times)
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

Something I thought of.....may help
« on: Sep 17th, 2005, 1:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've haven't posted in awhile but I wanted to touch on something that I've been thinking of.  I'm 42 yrs old female and have had clusters since I was 17.  I've been on just about every medication you could think of yet nothing seem to work as a preventive I've always had to use abortives.  Well within the last 2 years and my own research I've pressed the Doctors to think outside the box (not an easy task) and because I had thyroid issues (even though I wasn't textbook labs always appeared to be normal) I wanted to try thyroid meds.  Levoxyl was the one that I was to try.

I noticed that within a couple of months many of my symptoms that I was having were going away (thyroid symptoms)  Although Levoxyl wasn't the drug for me (could not stablize me on this) I have since been put on Armour which is T3/T4 med. I did notice that while on this med I didn't cycle like I would have in fact I missed my cycle completely.  I was every year like clock work and they would come everyday lasting 6-8 weeks.  Over time (the last 6 yrs)they would space out to every three years but I would get up to 3 a day lasting 6-8 weeks each time they would increase in pain all 10's.  Nothing that I tried would stop this cycle.  

This year I was to cycle it would have been three yrs yet in this time frame I started thyroid meds.  What I'm thinking is maybe it's the T3 which is the metibolic chemical that has helped me.  

Being on the thyroid boards looking for answers I have come across others that seem to have noticed the same thing.  

How many of you have had blood work for thyroid not your nomal panel but Free T4 Free T3?  I'm wondering if when this is done if you also notice that these levels are low.  Also is there anyone on this site that is Hypothyroid and on meds and still get the clusters?  Just something to keep in mind.  Blessings Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss