Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu Tea? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu Tea?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu Tea?  (Read 472 times)
Stibs
New Board Newbie
USA 

Headcramps

StibiHendrix

Kudzu Tea?
« on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello again!

Is anyone or has anyone tried Kudzu Glycerite in in warm water to make Tea? If so I'm curious to hear some results. I was unable to find supplements locally, so I'm trying it in tea form, before I order some online. Just wanted to know if anyone here has experienced relief this way. Personally, it seems to help a bit for me. Thoughts?

Thanks!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu Tea?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:37pm »

I never heard glycerite in relation to kudzu, so I don't know. If you can get fresh kudzu root (try a health food store) you can make tea with it. The problem is that you don't know the amount of "medicinal" kudzu you get using fresh root. It can probably hold you over until your online order comes in.
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Stibs
New Board Newbie
USA 

Headcramps

StibiHendrix

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:59pm »

Nani, it comes in liquid form. Made from dried Kudzu. Comes with a little eyedropper. it says to use 15 to 30 drops in warm water to make tea. Company is eclecticherb.com.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 1:04pm »

OH, OK...I've heard of liquid kudzu extract. That's the kind that Hirvimaki used, and he was VERY happy with the results. So, it should be fine. Does it say how many milligrams of kudzu each "serving" is? Just curious.
IP Logged

Stibs
New Board Newbie
USA 

Headcramps

StibiHendrix

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 1:17pm »

No, but I  wish it did. It says fresh herb strength 1:1. Not sure what that means, but it sounds like a good ratio.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 1:22pm »

Well then, as long as it's working, I'd say a 1:1 ratio is good.  Wink  pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22nd, 2005, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The most common herbal extracts (tinctures) are made with alcohol and water (40-70%), but some companies use glycerin instead.
IP Logged
Pascal
New Board Newbie
France 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 6:39am »

on Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:52am, Stibs wrote:
Hello again!

Is anyone or has anyone tried Kudzu Glycerite in in warm water to make Tea? If so I'm curious to hear some results. I was unable to find supplements locally, so I'm trying it in tea form, before I order some online. Just wanted to know if anyone here has experienced relief this way. Personally, it seems to help a bit for me. Thoughts?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Pascal
New Board Newbie
France 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 7:11am »

Firtsly, Hello to everyone. I'm a newbie who is very glad to have fell upon this site, which is a mine of information.

Regarding  Kudzu Tea, all I was able to find locally was fresh diced kudwu roots (on special order from a herborist and two weeks waiting ).  I had seen some
on-line distributers, but thought that it was best to try 'the real thing' for a trial run.  As there were no instructions delivered for the preparation I've been cooking up a brew of 15 grms. boiled in 1 liter of water for 50 Mins. (after boiling that leaves about 650- 700ml.), and drinking that in four rations a day, with the last one just before bedtime.  

Have absolutely no idea of whats left as active ingredients after all that, but all I know is that its working  so far ( 7th day today) and I've had no recours to Imigran (2 X a day in a normal cycle), can go to sleep without  that dreadful fear of the  3 AM  and 4PM "torture sessions " and that's all that counts!

"VIVE LE KUDZU" and hope it helps others too!

Cheers from Michele (an Aussie stranded in Brittany (France for the last 33 years).

IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Salut Michele ou Pascal et bienvenue à bord!
Je suis un expatrié aux E.U.  Ca fait 3 ans que je souffre de cette maladie et je suis chronique. N'hesite pas à poser toutes les questions que tu as, les gens sont super sympas ici avec quelques exceptions bien sur...
Bonne chance!
Rex
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2005, 10:57pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss