Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 7:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « O2 tanks being picked up »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   O2 tanks being picked up
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: O2 tanks being picked up  (Read 408 times)
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

O2 tanks being picked up
« on: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been PF since July 12th Grin, so I haven't used my O2 for almost 3 months. My provider called me yesterday to ask why I had not refilled my 3 E-tanks for such a long time, and I told them that I haven't used it because my CH was taking a break.... So, they're coming to my house on monday to pick them up.

When you are in remission, do you send your tanks back to the supplier? They reassured me that they can get tanks to me overnight once the beast comes back next year.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and PF wishes.
Jose
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

Re: O2 tanks being picked up
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:08pm »

I wouldn't send them back.

Keep a few and explain that anytime you could need them again. Which we hope isn't true.

Hope your PF times continues! Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:09pm by lionsound » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:20pm »

on Sep 30th, 2005, 2:08pm, lionsound wrote:
I wouldn't send them back.

Keep a few and explain that anytime you could need them again. Which we hope isn't true.

Hope your PF times continues! Smiley

Ditto!

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 2:25pm »

Mine went back.......$60/mo charge, plus $25 per refill.

That's why I'm buying my own crap.
RJ
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2005, 6:42pm by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 3:10pm »

My co=pay for O2 is $0,. I keep them. Actually at the end of my PF Kudzu time ( a month prior actually) I sent them back. Sure enough Kudzu stopped working and I went into "cycle" full blast.

I have my H tank and a whole bunch of E's. They're my good luck charms.

ozzy
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 3:15pm »

Since I know my remissions will be pretty long, I send them back.  Mine went back the beginning of August.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 4:38pm »

on Sep 30th, 2005, 2:25pm, Mr. Happy wrote:
$60/mo charge, plus $25 per refill.

Who was bending you over?

Those prices are a damn crime!!

Nothing says Boy Scout like owning your own rig Grin

Marlin dude, if you have another abortive send them back, no use paying for something your not using.  Plus, they said they could get them back to you over night (Dont wait...go get them yourself)
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

SteCo
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 5:22pm »

on Sep 30th, 2005, 2:04pm, marlinsfan wrote:
My provider called me yesterday to ask why I had not refilled  

They reassured me that they can get tanks to me overnight once the beast comes back next year.

Quote:
Nothing says Boy Scout like owning your own rig  
LMAO! that was good!

My O2 company did the same thing. My monthly bill is ridiculoulsy cheap with new ins. carrier. Told them I was just going to keep it (gotta a brand spankin' new regulator Grin ) My old ins. carrier was substantially higher /mo. so I returned them when I was sure the beast was gone.  

Get this....same O2 company, same service etc. that I had with both ins. carriers. It was explained the new carrier had some sort of exclusive agreeement for volume discounts or something like that.  

I did have issues getting my equipment as promised time-wise this go round, so another reason I want to keep it (I did offer and want to go pick it up myself, but the O2 guy said why? We deliver ON TIME guaranteed...yeah right-read on), plus my cycles did a changeup on seasons this year - so not sure when next cycle is. They finally got it to me at 11 pm. on a Friday night after many pleading calls. Got the same response ea. time.."its on the way Sir!". The last call I made they asked if I could just wait till Saturday AM for delivery. WTF??  I went insane and explained I was F**ing afraid to go asleep and why.....the guy was at my doorstep 15 minutes later!  He thought I was going to rip him a new one when I anwered the door (the afterhours dispatch said I was a very "PO'd" customer and give me whatever I wanted)....but I was so glad to see him, I almost hugged him. I even offered to help him bring in the bottles. He was very relieved, as I was relieved to see him, and we both had a good chuckle LOL

SteCo
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30th, 2005, 8:25pm »

Thanks for everyone's input. I called the ins. co, and they were pretty firm about bringing the tanks back if I'm not refilling them.

Jonny: good idea about me picking it up.. The supplier will let me pick up. They told me they need 3 hour notice before I go get them. I do still have trex, in case the beast makes an early return.

My employer is changing insurance companies in January. I hope the new one is as good as the last.
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 1st, 2005, 2:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh man, it's all so arbitrary, life, ch, o2 suppliers, insurance companies....

The first time I went to an o2 supplier, being young and naive, I didn't know you needed a script. I patiently explained ch to the young, blond, pretty girl, who got a dazed look on her face and didn't get any of it. That's when I started lieing (well, I was desperate, so it's ok right?) Anyway, it was the best sales job I ever did, and I aint in sales.  She eventually took pity on me (although come to think of it, turns out I went to school with her uncle) and gave me a shorty tank. One of those half e tanks that you all know are basically worthless. Got me started though and eventually got the script and moved to e tanks.

Anyway, to move on, to my surprise, insurance co actually covered rig rental and o2. Pleaded with them for years to buy me the rig instead of renting the damn thing for ridiculous monthly amount. Eventually agreed after having paid for it multiple times over. Then the worm turned...

Suddenly, they no longer covered 02 for this use. WTF??
I fought this one for years. They would not give me an explaination despite reams of science (it was principle, not money, see below). Thank God I had the rig!!!! (See Mr Happy, "Buy your own crap"Wink So now I had to purchase o2 on cash basis from supplier and lo and behold it was cheaper than with the copay. I can't figure this s**t out!

Through it all, o2 supplier has been blithely complacent (and they are a national chain) .  They seem to have no idea nor care what i use the 02 for. Doubt they know what ch is or have any other ch customers. They care not whether i pick up or need delivery or keep tanks for months or return them.  

Personally, i think the key is that since I am not on insurance company radar i really dont exist. Can anyone say big brother? Plus, if I don't show up for a while, their computer system drops me out. Used to annoy me, now I see the benefits.

If you can, keep your tanks, if you can, pick up/drop off your own, if you can, buy your own o2.

Jonny keeps me laffing and he's right: "Nothing says Boy Scout like owning your own rig"

Sorry if this is disjointed. On "dopeymax" right now but just had to comment.

Regards

Jon019
IP Logged
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #10 on: Oct 2nd, 2005, 5:21pm »

First delivery took more than a week so NO,  

I don't send them back  Cool
IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 3:48am »

I agree.  DON'T send them back!

If they want you to refill them, fine, do it.  Set the tank outside, and open the valve.  Presto-chango !!  Empty tank!  Do that every other month, to one tank, and then get it refilled.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 11:34am »

When my DME company called to get the tanks back, i told them over my dead body.  My O2 costs $31 per month for unlimited O2 and tank rental, i only pay $6.
Granted, i dont need to have 10 tanks when i am not in cycle, but i keep 2 full tanks around just in case.  And sometimes it takes quite a while to get the O2 from the DME people, and of course they charge extra if you need it on a weekend.

Jonny, how do you get the equipment?  Is it medical grade or welders grade?  How do you get it refilled?  The regulator is more expensive than the tank, right?

Do you have to worry about pressure testing the tank and getting certification and stuff?  I know with other gasses, the vendor wont refill them if the time has expired on the tank.
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 2:26pm »

on Oct 5th, 2005, 11:34am, BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote:
 Is it medical grade or welders grade?  

Theres no such thing, welding tanks are filled from the same main 02 tank that the medical tanks are filled from.

The only difference between medical and welding tanks is that medical tanks are inspected and a shitload of paper work is done, welding tanks are inspected just to make sure they will hold pressure.

All tanks are pressure tested before each refill, I dont think the place filling them would want one to blow when they are filling 50 of them at once.....LMAO Grin  

BOOM!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BlueMeanie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 4:51pm »

Quote:
My went back.......$60/mo charge, plus $25 per refill.  

on Sep 30th, 2005, 4:38pm, Jonny wrote:

Who was bending you over?

Those prices are a damn crime!!

LMAO jonny.... my "H" tank was $350 month. Luckily for me insurance paid.  laugh

I kept my 02 for one extra month just in case. For what insurance was paying, I couldn't see wasting that kind of cash even if it wasn't mine.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 6:51pm »

The more I read, the more I Praise Wotan that there are several thousand liters of O2 on my six. Having it covered by insurance is a wonderful thing, but I hated being dependant on people who have other customers first and weekends off.

There's nothing like owning your own crap, available on demand, which can be backed up by medical/commercial deliveries as time allows.........but when minutes count, it's a marvelous thing to own your own.

As long as you keep the shit _filled_.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss