Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 8:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hallucinogens »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hallucinogens
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hallucinogens  (Read 752 times)
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

Hallucinogens
« on: Oct 19th, 2005, 1:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this site: http://www.clusterbusters.com/

It is a site suggesting the possibilty that hallucinogens might stop a cluster cycle in some people.

I am thinking about trying mushrooms to see if it can get rid of my headaches. I am a little afraid of the possiblity that in the long term it could make my clusters worse. Has anyone tried hallucinogens for clusters? Did they work? Anything anyone has to say abou this would be greatly apprecaited.
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

Re: Hallucinogens
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, YoungMichael, I suggest that you read the entire Clusterbusters.com page. Also, there are lots of threads here about mushrooms and LSA seeds (hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, morning glory, and rivea corymbosa seeds).

I don't know why you would think that in a long term it would make your clusters worse... where do you get that from?

The few days following the dose, you might get hit harder and more often and then they usually taper.
Are you chronic or episodic?

How young or old are you?
Have you ever done anything like mushrooms or LSD before?

Please ask questions, and then decide for yourself.
We can help you make sure you're doing this right.

Read Squanto's post about alternate therapy.

Good luck to you.
Rex

IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 1:57pm »

PS: I've tried the treatment several times.
I'm a chronic sufferer with a really tough case of CH.

However, I've had some really positive results with this type of treatment. They haven't gone away, but provided relief for me by decreasing the intensity of the pain and how often I get hit. I've also once got 2 weeks of PF time from it, which to me is an awsome vacation from this pain.

Cheers,
Rex
IP Logged
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 2:01pm »

Thanks for responding ,Rextangle.

I am 26 years old. I have been having clusters since I was 17. I have episodic clusters. I did LSD when I was 16 about 10 times...and that's where my fear comes from. I am a little afraid that that may have had something to do with me getting them in the first place.  

I will deffinately read the entire clusterbusters page....I only skimmed over it yesterday.

I heard that Terrence Mckenna suffered from cluster headaches. That's another reason why I worry about hallucinogens causing clusters. I wish I could find some literature by him on his clusters. Does anyone know if he spoke or wrote about them, and whether he thought taking hallucinogens helped him.
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 2:20pm »

I've never heard of Terrence Mckenna suffering from CH.
Do you have a link to this article?

As far as "being afraid"... keep in mind that the dose of mushrooms you would be taking is considered "sub recreational". Meaning that you are not required to do large amounts of it in order to achieve good results.

It is actually recommended that you start with an extremely small dose in order to test your sensitivity to psilocybin.
Mostlikely since you've done LSD, you know a bit about the effects of psychedelic drugs.

However, mushrooms and LSD are 2 different animals.
A really bad analogy would be to compare them to a horse and a zebra. Like I said "really bad analogy".

Now, a better route might be to take LSA.
LSA is a cousin of LSD, but you would be bypassing the "regular expected effects" of mushrooms or LSD.

Most people have had great results with 3 seeds.
I promise you that you won't even notice any side effects.

Make sure that you get the seeds from a sure source.
You want vialable seeds that are UNTREATED, otherwise you're in for a gastro-intestinal fiesta, if you know what I mean.

A lot of us have gotten our seeds from: www.iamshaman.com
But other places sells them too.  

Keep asking questions and don't be afraid.
Rex
IP Logged
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 8:24pm »

Thanks Rex. I appreciate it.

I heard Terence Mckenna say that he suffered from CH in one of his taped interviews. I listened to it quite a while ago, so I can't remember which one it is. I will try to find it again, though.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 9:03pm »

Hi Michael, the clusterbuster treatments worked for me.
After 5 years, I was able to say that I was episodic again.  Smiley  
Here is a record of my experiences:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1122088913
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #7 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 5:26pm »

After listening to a bunch of the Terence Mckenna interviews floating around the web, I found the one where he speaks about having CH. It is from the Tree of Knowledge series.  

http://www.chrislight.net/terence.html

The file is "Terence Mckenna - Tree Of Knowledge - 2 - of 8 rc.mp3" and the short part is from 62:40 - 63:33.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I would be very interested in hearing more about what he has to say on the subject of CH.  If anyone knows anywhere else where Mckenna talks about CH, please let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2005, 5:31pm by youngmichael » IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 6:18pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 5:26pm, youngmichael wrote:
After listening to a bunch of the Terence Mckenna interviews floating around the web, I found the one where he speaks about having CH. It is from the Tree of Knowledge series.  

http://www.chrislight.net/terence.html

The file is "Terence Mckenna - Tree Of Knowledge - 2 - of 8 rc.mp3" and the short part is from 62:40 - 63:33.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I would be very interested
 in hearing more about what he has to say on the subject of CH.  If anyone knows anywhere else where Mckenna talks about CH, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks for the link to those McKenna tapes. I can't seem to find the part where he speaks about having CH on tape 2 of 8. How far into the tape is it and how do I get to 62:40 - 63:33 ?

Thanks,
BB
IP Logged
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #9 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 6:41pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 6:18pm, BikerBob wrote:

Thanks for the link to those McKenna tapes. I can't seem to find the part where he speaks about having CH on tape 2 of 8. How far into the tape is it and how do I get to 62:40 - 63:33 ?

Thanks,
BB

It's about 3/4 of the way into it. On windows media player it starts about 01:02:55 into it, and in winamp the timeline seems a bit inconsistant...when I first listened it was 62:40, but each time I listen the timeline shifts a bit. It's somewhere around there, though.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 7:05pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 6:18pm, BikerBob wrote:

Com'on Bob, even I found it.....friggin dude makes Art Bell look like a genius. Just after he talks about aliens landing on the whitehouse lawn he mentions meegraines and CH......You will LYAO listening to this guy.....LOL Grin

Edit to add: http://www.thecomingoftan.com/default.html

« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2005, 7:21pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #11 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 7:30pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 7:05pm, Jonny wrote:

Com'on Bob, even I found it.....friggin dude makes Art Bell look like a genius. Just after he talks about aliens landing on the whitehouse lawn he mentions meegraines and CH......You will LYAO listening to this guy.....LOL Grin

Edit to add: http://www.thecomingoftan.com/default.html

Some people think Mckenna is a nutcase, while others see him as a pioneer. That's besides the point, though. Just realize that this is a guy who wanted to legalize the very thing that might be able help people with CH. That part doesn't sound so crazy to me.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 7:37pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 7:30pm, youngmichael wrote:

Just realize that this is a guy who wanted to legalize the very thing that might be able help people with CH. That part doesn't sound so crazy to me.

Yeah, but you need to realize that he didnt want it legalized for CH, Hell, he spoke about CH in that clip for 5 seconds if that.

Put it this way...if your taking that much and you have CH....you would talk more than 5 seconds on it.....Dudes a friggin loon in the third degree, Bro!

IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #13 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 7:55pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 7:37pm, Jonny wrote:

Yeah, but you need to realize that he didnt want it legalized for CH, Hell, he spoke about CH in that clip for 5 seconds if that.

Put it this way...if your taking that much and you have CH....you would talk more than 5 seconds on it.....Dudes a friggin loon in the third degree, Bro!

Okay, you may be right, Johnny. I thought the same thing myself. CH kind of consumes a person's life. However, what if psilocybin significantly reduces the severity of CH...we're talking about a guy that did his share and more of hallucinogens in his life. I'm just guessing here, but maybe that helped a lot with his CH...so much so, that his headaches were much less painful and his cycles much less frequent...so he didn't think about it as much as you and I. I don't know, really. I'm just scratching for answers. But I don't want to scoff at something without fully investing my time in it to find out if it is helpful or not. I'm willing to leave my ego at the door on this one. I want a cure, and I don't mind checking out weird and strange avenues to get there.
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2005, 8:12pm by youngmichael » IP Logged
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 8:10pm »

Thanks again for the link to the KcKenna tapes, youngmichael. I found the part where he says he has cluster headaches.

After reading http://www.clusterbusters.com read this webpage:

http://www.miqel.com/clusterheadaches/clusterheadaches.html

Good luck in your quest,
BB
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 8:10pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 7:55pm, youngmichael wrote:
we're talking about a guy that did his share and more of hallucinogens in his life. .

Why did he do it?.....to get high....nuff said!

IP Logged

- Guiseppi

youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #16 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 8:26pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 8:10pm, Jonny wrote:

Why did he do it?.....to get high....nuff said!

I think that what he's saying is that hallucinogens have been a part of human history for millenia. Only recently have we stopped ingesting them, and our current world problems are linked to the fact that we don't.

I don't know what I think about that. But if it turns out that hallucinogens help with CH, from a evolutionary point of view it lends a bit of credability to Mckenna's theory.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 8:54pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 8:26pm, youngmichael wrote:
I don't know what I think about that. But if it turns out that hallucinogens help with CH

Stick with clusterbusters......they are on the right track to getting the pain out of your head!

FUCK, the dude that is seeing aliens landing......thats my point.

Good luck!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #18 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 9:12pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 8:54pm, Jonny wrote:

Stick with clusterbusters......they are on the right track to getting the pain out of your head!

FUCK, the dude that is seeing aliens landing......thats my point.

Good luck!

Thanks, Jonny. I hope I can get the pain out. I've got an appointment with a naturopath in a week (I've given up on traditional medicine at this point). If that doesn't help, clusterbusters is plan b.
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 9:17pm »

Yep, again all the info are available at:
  www.cluserbusters.com

But don't do it if your only goal is to meet aliens! Grin

They aren't worth the bother!

Good luck to you!
Rex
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 10:12pm »

Clusterbusters gets my vote. Cool Works for me ...so far.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #21 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 5:45am »

Youngmichael,

7/8 years of CH and wish I'd done clusterbusters 7/8 years back.  Read, learn and relax.

You don't have to get out of your head for this to work.  

I only found this place last year - and it's done more for the quality of my life than the entire NHS managed to do in the UK. You're in good hands.
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 8:30am »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 7:37pm, Jonny wrote:

Cluster Headaches and Clusterbusters made me realize that our drug laws are trampling all over our rights. Our government doesn't want people to get high so it bans certain substances without considering the medical and religious use of a small minority. (Like Nots' quote says "Democracy is 3 wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner" ) Even when drugs are allowed for medical purposes the government steps in if someone is using more than it wants (like we see with the DEA's war on opiates). Now I believe that if someone wants to use a drug as medicine or even to talk to aliens, as long as they're not hurting anyone else, why should we send them to jail? Why don't we have the right to decide what we can put in our bodies? Why does the US have 4% of the worlds population, but 25% of the world's prisoners?

Jesse
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2005, 8:34am by JJA » IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #23 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 1:41pm »

It's places like CH.com and clusterbusters that make the internet such a gift. It is a wonderful thing when a person can empower themselves with the knowledge to make changes in their life, and I thank you all for that.

JJA: Personally, I have no idea why governments would ban non addictive drugs with no evidence of long term negative effects. We make drugs legal that have been tested for less than a decade, and yet ban drugs that have been used by people for thousands of years.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss