Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 10:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Analgesics as ch triggers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Analgesics as ch triggers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Analgesics as ch triggers  (Read 568 times)
Up2late
New Board Newbie
USA 

Analgesics as ch triggers
« on: Nov 19th, 2005, 5:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

About a year ago I read some info on the board that some members had some luck with melatonin.  I started taking 9mgs every night before bed and have been doing so ever since.  The result is that I have gone from chronic with 1 or 2 k5 to k8s every day, to episodic without anything past a k4 and never longer than a 45 min. duration.  

I have noticed that any medication I take with Ibuprofen, Tylenol or Aleve in it sets off a string of 4-7 days of severe ch's.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Kinda wondering what to use for those aches and pains but I'd take em all day instead of a ch.

Hoping everyone finds something that works for them.
Up2late
IP Logged
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

Re: Analgesics as ch triggers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 6:09am »

i remeber when i was an undiagnosed episodic swallowing lots of otc analgesics and yes they made it worse but i not knowing it was this carried on anyway Undecided
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:13am »

The rule of thumb is that using OTC pain meds for 3-4, or more,times a week increases the risk of rebound headaches. (This does not apply to use of Imitrex as an abortive.)
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:39am »

OTC stuff will definately cause rebound pain with extended use, kind of like rebound congestion from using too much decongestant.  Add to that many OTC pain relievers can cause toxicity with extended use, good idea to stay away from them unless absolutely necessary.  Glad to hear the melatonin is working for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss