Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 12:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Where's a graphic on the nerves of CH? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Where's a graphic on the nerves of CH?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Where's a graphic on the nerves of CH?  (Read 791 times)
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

Where's a graphic on the nerves of CH?
« on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay, just zipping around reading up and checking up on everyone.  I promised I wouldn't fade away when I felt better, but it's just the opposite.  I can't even begin to tell you all the stupid crap that has been going on in our lives. Long story short, we have to abandon our house because of toxic mold, bill out the ying yang trying to clean it up, started a job in a high school teaching chemistry, headaches came back under the stress.....

The reason I need the graphic of the nerves of the CH, I know I have seen it somewhere medowl or somebody???   All my anatomy and biology books are in a storage because of the mold....I just took out chemistry so I could teach.  

Tomorrow, I am going to my doctor, and I want to read up on it, so I can speak to him coherently about the mechanism of CH, instead of being treated like an idiot.  I am concerned he is ready to take things to the level of messing with my nerves, I don't think I am ready for neurosurgery.

I have been in doctor hell, since about a month after I was in doctor heaven.  The doctor verified in addition to my CH, the car wreck I was in just about a year ago, damaged my occiptal nerve, and several nerves in my neck.  FINALLY I was getting answers about the mystery pain in addition to my typical CH, and finally he was helping me deal with the pain!

Kudzu went wacko on me, I was bruising, having muscle spasms, etc.  I had to go off it and am okay, just in a little pain,  not too bad.

Just when I was getting things dealt with, with this new doctor in August, He hired a PA, and she is totally inept!!!  I called the office manager 5 times and she never returned my call.  I have seen the idiot PA the  past couple visits, and I refuse to see her again.  I am going for a shot tomorrow.
IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Where's a graphic on the nerves of CH?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 10:00pm »

http://www.ouch-us.org/
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 10:23pm »

I was just on ouch, I am looking for one I saw before that shows all that, but labels the nerves C-.....etc.  I did find the really wild one on the shrooms site Grin  Not like I can print that one out to show the doctor laugh

I think I will go read through the stuff here and see what I can find. I don't need the pictures, the doctor doesn't need the pictures, the PA needs the pictures!  She needs to go back to school!
IP Logged

ihootlaili
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 3:58am »

Try some of these:

http://www.umanitoba.ca/cranial_nerves/trigeminal_neuralgia/manuscript/a natomy.html

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/GrossAnatomy/h_n/cn/cn1/cn5.htm

http://www.bartleby.com/107/200.html

More where these came from.  Google is a wonderful research tool.  Just search for "trigeminal nerve" - quotes included.

IP Logged
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 7:48am »

Thanks Gator, that's a good one.  Having a duh moment I didn't just do a google myself, I am just a bit googled in the brain right now on the doctor's office roller coaster.  

Like your Einstein quote....Can we have an alternative version for people who are  "stupid?"  That is about what is going on with my doc right now, that PA just is not very knowledgeable about what is going on physiologically with the nerves. You know you are in trouble when you ask a medical care practitioner a yes or know question, and they say "I don't know" or "I don't think so."
IP Logged

ihootlaili
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss