Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 3:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Probably the worst question ever! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Probably the worst question ever!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Probably the worst question ever!  (Read 2996 times)
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Probably the worst question ever!
« on: Nov 28th, 2005, 7:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Okay .... please remember I'm sleep deprived at the moment or any other excuse I can come up with ... but:
 Have to ask ... I see the late night commercials and keep seeing this ad for this "roll-on" stick maybe called HeadOn?
 Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Okay stop laughing!
 But ... has anyone tried this? I'm thinking whats a couple dollars to try this crap to see if it even slightly distracts ... slightly! CH attacks or more probable shadows?
 What the hey? Stadol NS barely takes an edge off and side effects suck! Could this thing maybe do the same for so much less money  Huh
 Looking anywhere (obviously!)
 Come on ... someone must have tried it  Undecided
 Admit it and tell me about it  Wink
Um ... Dave  Tongue
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Probably the worst question ever!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 8:21am »

http://www.headon.com/headaches.html

No one will begrudge you for trying anything.

Let us know if it helped at all.
Ya never know, it may help with shadows.

Hang in there Dave Wink

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 8:24am »

Dave I know exactly what you mean we have the same sort of thing here. Its very similar to Tiger Balm and it's almost like a mentholated stuff (like that Vicks stuff your mum used to rub on your chest when you were a kid!)
I HAVE tried it, it didn't shift any pain but it did seem to comfort. It does work on ordinary headaches I know as my neighbour loves the stuff. I've also tried rubbing an inhalant oil (menthol and peppermint sort of stuff) on my head too and it was nice and cool but it didn't take away the pain. It did seem to soothe somehow though daft as that sounds.
Hope this helps!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 8:47am »

on Nov 28th, 2005, 8:24am, LeLimey wrote:
Its very similar to Tiger Balm and it's almost like a mentholated stuff...like that Vicks stuff

Tried Tiger Balm myself  -  once!

Happy it works for some people but I learned within moments that there's a fault in the Kip scale.  It really should go up to K100.

Perhaps Denny will give you the details but I doubt it was a pretty sight.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 9:15am »

Tiger Balm (use only a little bit) rubbed under the nose helps with stuffy nose if you've got flu or sinus, on the temples it has a cooling slightly burning effect on the outside of the skin.

Good for rubbing tension out of the neck but please caution, use only a tiny bit!

Brian, my deduction from your reply was that you used the whole tin and on the wrong head! laugh
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 11:24am »

I remember looking for that last year, Dave. I was in a bad "episode" and it was kicking my ass. I never found it locally. I kinda knew it probably wouldn't help, but was desperate at the time. If you find it, let us know if it helps, OK?
hugs and pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 4:34pm »

Personally, I haven't tried the stuff and don't plan to but...

IMHO, that TV ad struck me as being just like e-mail SPAM -- it only takes a very very small precentage of folks, who "just give it a try," to make the advertiser enough money to launch the next scam.

Squanto
(I had a pet rock one time but the durn thing got vicious and I had to release it back into the wild.)

IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 4:48pm »

on Nov 28th, 2005, 4:34pm, Squanto wrote:
Personally, I haven't tried the stuff and don't plan to but...

IMHO, that TV ad struck me as being just like e-mail SPAM -- it only takes a very very small precentage of folks, who "just give it a try," to make the advertiser enough money to launch the next scam.

Squanto
(I had a pet rock one time but the durn thing got vicious and I had to release it back into the wild.)

This has been pretty much my thought line, but when we're desperate ... we're desperate! Of course that only fuels the flames for the advertisers  Undecided
 May try it for low level shadows at first and use very little. I know it wouldn't abort an attack, I'm thinking just of the distraction possibility factor.  Tongue
Dave
(If I do, I'll let you know my perception of the product.)
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 5:08pm »

Ok here comes the tesimonial.

Tried it about 3 months ago several times, after 3rd try it hit the trash in alot of pieces. WHAT A FREAKN WAISTE OF MONEY! If you do get it look at the side effects, If I remember one is it may cause headaches!WTF!!!! ISNT THAT WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO STOP?

Ok I am done now. Lips Sealed
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 5:46pm »

My last Neuro gave this CREAM of his own creation with Ketamine and Baclovine, Amitriptyline and some other CRAP that cost me $40 dollars and I got nothing out of it.  SNAKE OIL

Good Luck and let us know if it helps you!
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 6:17pm »

Damn, Dave I can totally relate to that sense of desperation, when you are willing to literally try anything in the hopes that it might help even just a fraction.  I have not tried the product you mentioned, just letting you know I've been in that boat before and wish you well.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
chewy

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 6:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I noticed there is no product specifically for CH.

Smart move. They didn't want to take on the wrath of ch.com
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 2:14pm »

Dave,

I admit I laughed when I read your post.   Undecided

So reminiscent of thoughts I've had since CH.   Thoughts of trying something....anything to possibly stop the vicious circle of the pain.

I laugh with you, sweetie.....not at you, cause we have all been there....and God knows that's the truth.

I have not tried the product you mention....but as I've said before....I'd try dog shit, if I thought it'd work, and as morbid as that thought is, it's the truth.    Grin

Much love to you and Annette.....you're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
joke ten dam
New Board Junior
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 1:38pm »

a long time ago I posted about migranol an ointment used for migrain and I have used it for some time and still occasionaly do. It dose not work fore the kip 6 and above but eases the tension of the lower kips. I wished I had it with me today when we were shopping for a kitchen for a friend of mine. I had no ice and it was not bad enough for imigran so I could not sit still en kepton getting up and paced the floor lukkely it only lasted about 10 minutes but it heppend 4 times in the spam of two houers. So my advise is try it it may help even if it is only for the lighter attackes.
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 9:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello All,

No one here has not tried something that does not sound crazy (well, ok, l have anyway). Mine? Capsaicin ointment on the temple. Did it help? Boy, it sure SEEMED like it SOMETIMES. a nice burn on the temple. Maybe just a distraction. I just don't know. Desperation leads to desperate measures. Don't do it anymore but I would not discourage a try.

Regards

Jon
IP Logged
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 9:53pm »

I used to work at Bath and Body works. THere was a girl who related to my clusters and said she has them too. There used to be a Headache Kit that they sold in the store with the roll on menthol/ peppermint  kind, some peppermint tea and headach patches. She would tell customers that she has cluster headaches and this was the only thing to help her. I used it and told her she was full of shit!  She couldn't have clusters. But the headache patches worked great on my migraines. As far as clusters, no way.
IP Logged
Soursmoke
New Board Newbie
USA 

Its just in my head right?

Soursmoke  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Aug 20th, 2006, 7:21am »

The product HeadOn did work for me in the beginning of my cycle but three weeks into the cycle it stopped working. Now it doesn't do anything but feel cool on the forehead. But for three weeks I didn't have a belly full of pills and i'm thankful for that.  

Peace
Nick
IP Logged

Headaches are Lame!
bejeeber
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Jan 27th, 2007, 8:37pm »

on Nov 30th, 2005, 9:50pm, jon019 wrote:

No one here has not tried something that does not sound crazy (well, ok, l have anyway). Mine? Capsaicin ointment on the temple.  

Jon

Dude I shoved a load of that burnin hot red pepper capsaicin way up my nostril with a Q tip and rubbed it in real good!! Shocked

Several times.  Undecided

An acquaintance had given me a copy of an article from The National Enquirer (for those not in the US, it's a terrible baloney ridden tabloid rag). The article claimed success for cluster headaches using this method, so despite the source of info I gave it a go when my next cycle hit. It worked - aborted my first couple headaches of the cycle. Stung like hell I suppose, but compared to...er you know...who would care? Stopped working after that, sorta like oxygen for me - works at first while the attacks haven't built to full intensity.

I think I tried it at the beginning of the next cycle, too, but no results...that was probably why I forgot about it.
IP Logged

Cluster Headaches: better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!.....er...well OK, they actually DO feel quite similar.
richcurtin
New Board Newbie
Noflag 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: Dec 25th, 2007, 1:14am »

I used head on before I went to the Doc. I did not realize I had CH. It did not help at all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss