Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « DBS Implant Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   DBS Implant Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DBS Implant Update  (Read 626 times)
CHTom

Email

DBS Implant Update
« on: Dec 1st, 2005, 1:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Last Thursday I had the voltage increased in my Medtronic Soletra 7426 implant increased by my neurologist from 2.5 volts to 3.0 volts.  With the 2.5 volt charge, I did have a total of 6 pain free days beginning about 3 weeks after my discharge from the hospital following the implant, but then the pain free days stopped and I was back having daily, severe pains, usually between 6 and 10 on the Kip scale, with the occassional 2 or 3 hours of pain free times several days a week.  My neurologist decided that I needed an increase and it will take about 2-3 weeks to see if the increased voltage is effective.  After a voltage increase, the pain is very severe (feels like my eyeball is going to explode), but this time I had to return to work only 3 days after the most recent increase-OUCH (no pun intended)!  The maximum amount of volts that can be given is 6, but I hope that I do not have to go so far.  I have a follow up visit in February and in the meantime continue see my local neurologist weekly and am still taking Dilaudid and the Fentanyl lollipops, unfortunately on a daily basis; they reduce the pain somewhat, though I hate taking them due to the side effects (mostly constipation-OUCH again!).  I'll keep the membership informed on my progress.  I'd like to get some positive vibes sent my way as I need all of the support that I can get.  Thanks.
IP Logged
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: DBS Implant Update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 1:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The vibes are on the way Tom!
 Thanks for the update, hoped it would have been a little better news, but looks like there may still be hope.
 (I walked out of my docs office today calling everyone who worked there words this post won't allow. Most likely I'll skip the nerve blocks now. If ya can't count on someone for the basics, screw them messing around in my head! Knew I was pissed when I went in, and therefore asked Rex to stay home. Had he come with me, I think we'd be looking for bail money!)  Wink
 Hope it allworks out for you for the better, keep us updated,
 Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 7:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hope relief finds you! Wink
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
CHTom

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2005, 7:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks guys, I appreciate the good thoughts.  The DBS operation doesn't work like the nerve blocks, but you are right, Dave-make sure the doc knows what he is doing before he starts messing around with the inside of your head; any damage to the brain usually can't be repaired (though in my case, some folks had said that I should have gone for a pre-frontal lobotomy Shocked!).  I'll keep everyone informed as time passes.  PFDANs!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss