Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Give your meds time to work! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Give your meds time to work!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Give your meds time to work!  (Read 525 times)
LadyElaine

Email

Give your meds time to work!
« on: Dec 6th, 2005, 6:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In reading a lot of post and emailing with people, I have noticed that many here do not give their meds time to work before they stop taking them.
It might take two weeks for the meds to really start working. Also after it starts working and you get that one cluster that lasted a hour full blown, don't give up on it. Clusters are so painful that once in awhile it won't work. I now use o2. One night it did not work. The next night it did. I found that to be true with imitrex also. One would be so bad, I had to use more imitrex than usual.  
Before you say it doesn't work give the meds you take time. You might be taking verapamil or a drug like that, you might have to play with the amount you take. Up it or lower it. Don't just use the meds. After you take your meds, help the meds along. Use ice, take a cold shower, walk, listen to your music, what ever it is you do to easy the pain do it along with taking the meds.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Re: Give your meds time to work!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 6th, 2005, 6:56am, LadyElaine wrote:
You might be taking verapamil or a drug like that, you might have to play with the amount you take. Up it or lower it.

That was true with me: verpamil didn't work on me on low doses (tried 200 and 400mg/day), but when we tried 600mg, it sure did. Smiley

I do understand that when hit comes, we don't want help soon, but we want it NOW. But Elaine has a very good point; meds do take their time before they begin to work.

Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 8:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Just wanted to add, that goes for alternatives too!!

Wink
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 12:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is true but remember what works for some wont work for others.  Listen to your body.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss