Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen arrived and question about use. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen arrived and question about use.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen arrived and question about use.  (Read 659 times)
findjoshua
New Board Junior
USA 

findjoshua
Email

Oxygen arrived and question about use.
« on: Dec 6th, 2005, 9:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, I got the tank.  I am anxiously awaiting the Clustermasx that ordered too.  I am not sure what type of tank it is, and the guy wasn't too sure either actually.  He said "M" but it sounded more like a question when he said it than an answer.  It's about 4 feet high and it has a 540 regulator on it.  Anyway I did (unfortunately) get the chance to use it last night as I waited for a Maxalt to kick in.  The heacache went away super quick, probably before the melt even had a chance to start working.  In people's experience, do they take meds and use oxygen during the wait or take oxygen first and then if it's not getting better take another type of treatment?  
And, lastly, does everyone tip their O2 delivery guy (if they have them?)  Smiley
Joshua
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

Re: Oxygen arrived and question about use.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 10:35am »

Fantastic result.

Should be an even better result with the clustermasx.  Given you can take O2 without the overhead of Maxalt on your body I'd start off with O2 on its own.  Keep the Maxalt for when you need to get through a night's sleep or can't fit a four foot tank in your pocket away from home.

I was new to O2 this year and very pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out as an abortive.  

Best of luck
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 3:05pm »

Josh,
I go for the O2 first, two reasons, 1. it usually acts the fastest, and 2. no worries about the side effects of the triptan.  If the O2 doesn't work in about 10 minutes, then it's time to go to the meds.

Nope, don't tip the delivery guy, pick it up myself, saves the tip  Wink

Best of luck to yah.....
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 4:45pm »

Yep, go straight for O2 and nothing else. I also tend to put some music on, real soft, so I can take my mind off the pain. If O2 doesn't work in 10-12 mins, then I would go for trex, but O2 has ALWAYS worked for me! It's been a godsend!

What LPM setting do you have on your regulator?

I never tip my delivery guy, cause he's a pain in the ass. He's always late, never says a word even when I say hi or how you doin? Always has an ass-face, so we just swap our tanks, and off he goes.
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2005, 11:49pm »

HAHAHA  U dont have to TIP the guy. Give him a Fruit cake around XMAS
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
findjoshua
New Board Junior
USA 

findjoshua
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 7:00am »

on Dec 6th, 2005, 4:45pm, marlinsfan wrote:

What LPM setting do you have on your regulator?

It goes up to 15/lpm, which is more than what the dr. had prescribed, so I'm grateful for that.  I did tip this guy b/c he was really nice, he called a few times before he came to make sure I was going to be home (b/c I requested an after hours delivey) and then he explained the whole thing, set it up and was really cool.  I'm sure in the future we'll just swap tanks and the xmas fruitcake will be the tip of choice. Smiley

Joshua
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #6 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 9:04am »

Hey dude.  The only thing that you need to know about the litter flow is this.  As you beathe in the bag MUST NOT TOTALLY DEFLATE!  If it does you will not be getting 100% oxygen which is what is needed for the fastest results.  Regardless of what has been perscribed that is how the Non Rebreather Mask is designed to be used.  I am a Respiratory Therapist and most Doctors dont know the specs of the equipment used. That my job. Also most regulators go way beyond 15 LPM.  The term is called Flush.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
findjoshua
New Board Junior
USA 

findjoshua
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 9:42am »

Thanks.  Am using the bs face mask they sent with it until the Clustermasx arrrives.  Smiley  Thanks for the guidance!
IP Logged
neetnut
New Board Newbie

neetnut
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 10:39pm »

I usually start off by using the O2, then if after 10 minutes or so if that doesn't seem to be helping, I then use another method for pain relief. It usually comes down to the Imitrex shot.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss