Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Med for sinus headaches during ch... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Med for sinus headaches during ch...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Med for sinus headaches during ch...  (Read 1323 times)
Sonnie_Parker
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Med for sinus headaches during ch...
« on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have some sinus headaches quite frequently and it seems everytime I take a Tylenol Sinus that it strikes up a severe ch for me... maybe not right then but when it does come it last much longer and the pain seems to focus more in the sinus area... as if I'm mixing a ch with a sinus headache.  I really don't know how to explain it.

Anyway... is there a good sinus headache med to take that doesn't seem to effect ch frequency or severity?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

Re: Med for sinus headaches during ch...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 2:26pm »

I personally try to use actifed about 2 hours before my normal CH time and it helps with the drainage some and also helps the rollover from one to the other. Bad part is if it triggers a CH it may not work for you all you can do is try. Check to see if it ok to use with any other meds you are on first though. I only use 1 a day so I try to time it for the worst active time frame. Hope that helps but remember i am not a doc and you really need to ask a doc before mixing any meds or a pharmasist(sp) good luck  

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:25pm »

I can not specifically say how I was affected, but I do remember one cycle getting hit really hard after taking some sinus over the counter meds. I think it was a "tylenol sinus" thing or something similar. So now, when I am in cycle I do not take anything except that things are directed at my CH.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:25pm by cmoore » IP Logged
Sonnie_Parker
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 6:58pm »

Well it's really not sinus drainage or such... just pain in the sinus area... almost like shadows.

I might try some Exedrin Migraine once, next time I have the sinus pain and see what happens..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss