Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Coming Clean »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Coming Clean
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Coming Clean  (Read 738 times)
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

Coming Clean
« on: Feb 18th, 2002, 8:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

;D I've been getting off of this Oxy Contin for a month now! Tongue I had been boosted up to 80mgs every 12 hrs Plus tking Percodan and when I was in the hospital they were pumping Delaudin in like it was water. Shocked Shocked
 UndecidedI made the decission to stop taking it and dropped 40mgs,all the other stuff and went into withdrawls Shocked
 I Undecided knew something was happening but when I woke up laying in the front yard looking up at the clouds and couldn't figure out where I was, well I had to take a second look at my approach. Angry Angry I didn't realize it but I was having Grand Maul Seizures and coming to confused and unsure what had happened all over the place, Cry I was an emotional basket case and couldn't talk about a cup of coffee without crying. Cry
     So now I'm back on the Neuros plan dropping 10 mg at a time. ??? I'm down to 30 and 1 more week until I drop to 20mg and then to 10 mg then off all the way ;D ;D ;D.
     I'm praying the clusters don't come back as I have really enjoyed this Pain free time, first time in 32 years I haven't been in the shower more than out. Lips Sealed But I need to get back to the strong Old Mean Sailpappy that I was before I started this adventure, Roll Eyes.
  So I guess what I'm trying to say is "Thank You All" for being my strength and spritual help through all this tough time, Wink especially NancyC,Margi,BobP,Sharie,Vern,and Rachael!  ??? I know I'm forgetting someone here, Undecided Paco,Don,TonyG,Den and Adam,Oh Hell ;D Evlleeeboddy ;D
IP Logged
don

Email

Re: Coming Clean
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2002, 9:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

your welcome. It's what we do.

Could have been worse.

Sprinklers on the front lawn could have popped on !  Grin
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

I miss...
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 6:50am »

I miss that pic of Pappy, with him standing there, the sail wrapped around him Cry  But he's STILL handsome to me! ;D  

Pappy, I abruptly stopped taking hydrocodone for my endometriosis pain, and boy did that throw me for a loop!  Anyhow, I'm thinking of you, and praying for strength in yourself to make it through!

love you big brother... Kiss
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2002, 6:51am by Melissa » IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 9:04am »

If friends were sails, my friend, you'd be at the front of the fleet, winning the race.  You've got a lot of folks pulling for you out here, John.
Grand Mal seizures?  Man, oh man - like you need one more thing to worry about!  So, what about Topomax then?  It's an anti-seizure/chronic cluster drug.  I know you're trying to get drug free, but, no one wants you to go through more pain.
Always here as you need us, Pappy.  You know that.
Hugs
Margi
 Kiss
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 4:46pm »

Pappy, always know that your family here loves you..and you never have to "come clean" with us..everyone here knows how much it hurt you to have to resort to narcotics for pain relief..don't let misplaced guilt do this to you...and listen to your Doc...as a drug rehab nurse, I can tell you this...it takes awhile to get off oxycontin...and from first hand experience, I can tell you it is no fun coming off narcs...but I found the "guilt" we put ourself thru is the worst pain of all...so Stop it, my bro...you will see that rainbow again...it just takes time...i love you much...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Cheryl

Email

ae: Coming Clean
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 8:59pm »

Pappy,

You are a very special person and I am praying for you. I know what a hard time and decision it had to be to try and come off the medication. I think Donald wants to do the same with the Methadone. He commented on it to me. He takes 10mg am/pm. I think as Den mentioned he is afraid the Pain Monkey will come back. Donald has done WONDERFUL with the drug monkey (thank GOD) so I know this is a hard decision for him.  

I think of my friends everyday even though I can not post as much as I used to because of work.  

Just wanting you to know you have made a difference to me.

Guess what is all around    Cool
LOVE
Cheryl
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss