Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 4:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What about people who work nights? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   What about people who work nights?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What about people who work nights?  (Read 272 times)
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

What about people who work nights?
« on: Mar 11th, 2002, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As stated in a melatonin post below, this hormone increases with darkness thus making us sleepier.

Do people who force themselves to sleep during the day have cluster headaches as frequently as those sleeping nights? Or more?

Do people who sleep 3 0r 4 hours at a time during the day get as many?

Also, another post of about 2 weeks ago produced an article which suggested using 9mg of melatonin, while this more recent post produced an article stating that more than .03mg was perhaps dangerous.

We have a lot of research to do before using it as a ch medicine.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: What about people who work nights?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 6:43pm »

Hey Donna,  I used to work in a hospital on the 4pm to 12am shift.  Went through a ch bout.  Most of the time, I got hit when I got home and went to get into bed, the Monster would start up - and kept me up many nights for hours (bad cycle).  Had an infant at time and had to take care of baby from early am until hubby got home so i could go back to work.  This merri go round went on for quite a while.  Don't know how i got through it.  Funny thing, though, I rarely got ch attack while AT work.  It was when i was at home that they hit.  With any medication ch is a world unto itself and we are but puppets in a deadly play.  PFDAN to you.Kim
IP Logged
Jodi

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 8:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Donna,
I used to bartend, and my CH would come right went i came home or 2am 2am 2am 2am inthe morning.
Sometimes I would get them at work but not as bad as at home.
Jodi
IP Logged
chjohn
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 8:56pm »

Seems to be related to my sleep/relaxe cycle. Tried Melatonin at 300mcg. (.03mg I think) I don't think it actualy made any difference.
John
IP Logged

Ignorance is refreshing
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 4:29am »

I work a rotating shift, changing to a different shift each week. Been doing it for over 30 years.
It's very easy to get the internal clock screwed up. I have to pay close attention to my sleeping and eating habits. It is also easy to get eating habits messed up when you don't have any regular eating habits. Getting over tired and/or over hungry will bring on attacks for me. Shadows are a constant problem.
To answer your question, no I don't think night workers suffer any more or any less attacks as anyone else as long as attention is paid to sleeping and eating habits.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss