Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 5:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « First neuro visit »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   First neuro visit
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: First neuro visit  (Read 313 times)
saintslair
New Board Junior
USA 

TAME THAT BEAST!!!

766998 766998     saintslair7
Email

First neuro visit
« on: Mar 12th, 2002, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
    I am about to schedule my first neuro visit, how do you find a neuro that understands ch without shooting in the dark and wasting time and money?
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2002, 9:26pm by saintslair » IP Logged

They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, well then some of the strongest are right here. PFNAD TO ALL!!!

kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: First neuro visit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 11:30am »

By educating yourself first - don't be afraid to ask the Neuro about his experience with ch.  don't be afraid to ask specific questions related to ch.  Gather as much info as ya can (you can get tons right here) and know your history (lots of people keep ch diaries - good idea).  Have a knowledge on the medications available and their track records.  Don't be afraid to "fire" a neuro who does not SATISFY YOU.  Lots of neuros are arrogant and insensitie.  But lots are good.  Be assertive and persistent.  Good luck!  Be well.  Kim
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 11:32am »

Unfortunately most insurance companies wont pay for interviews so we are stuck with the trial and error method.  Pick one and see if you like him and if he is knowledgeable.  Another thought I just had was maybe you might want to call and talk to their nurses ahead of making apointments and asking them if they specialize in headaches and are knowlegable.  Mostly we are on our own.  You may also want to ask the board and see if anyone is from your area and can recomend someone.  Worth a shot.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 11:33am »

Unfortunately most insurance companies wont pay for interviews so we are stuck with the trial and error method.  Pick one and see if you like him and if he is knowledgeable.  Another thought I just had was maybe you might want to call and talk to their nurses ahead of making apointments and asking them if they specialize in headaches and are knowlegable.  Mostly we are on our own.  You may also want to ask the board and see if anyone is from your area and can recomend someone.  Worth a shot.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Elissa

Email

ugh it?Re: First neuro visit
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2002, 7:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi!  I'm on my 3rd neuro....first appointment is on 4/10. I haven't had much luck with the others....except being their personal lab rat.  But I really don't think they know.  I've been diagnosed with Ch, Tension/migraines.  Once a month in E.R. and now experiencing rebounds and alight addiction to meds which really sucks.  One doctor just told me to "work through it" Yeah alright, let's be realistic.  Anyway, to a point I understand what he's saying but when you're banging your head on the wall and losnig time from work, you need something.  Hope your appointment goes well.....Finding a good one that  really understands can be hard.  I hope you won't have to make a mission out of it!  Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
IP Logged
saintslair
New Board Junior
USA 

TAME THAT BEAST!!!

766998 766998     saintslair7
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17th, 2002, 7:54pm »

Thank you all,
     I got lucky and found one that understands ch. We have worked out a med schedule suitable to the both of us. We need to convince the Insurance company now.
Thanks again,
Andy
IP Logged

They say what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, well then some of the strongest are right here. PFNAD TO ALL!!!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss