Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 7:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Doxepin Update #2 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Doxepin Update #2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Doxepin Update #2  (Read 295 times)
Pete

Email

Doxepin Update #2
« on: Mar 14th, 2002, 4:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, 10 days since my last update and the news is still good. I'm still taking the pill once a day before bedtime.

In the last 10 days I have had 1 CH total and about 1 shadow every other day. Plus, now that my 1-year-old isn't sick any more, I am actually sleeping through the night!;D

I've seen others posting about newer triptans they've tried. Before the Doxepin, my doc gave me some samples of Axert and Amerge -- neither did anything for my CHs. Just thought I'd tell the other side of the triptan story. Try them anyway to see if they work.

I just paid a HUGE Shocked bill for O2 from my last episode so the much lower price is very nice. I'll skip the O2 from now on as it is way too expensive and doesn't really help me at all.
IP Logged
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Doxepin Update #2
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2002, 6:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What's Doxepin??? I haven't heard of this....
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2002, 10:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Pete,

How much are paying for O2? I was always happy 'cause it's cheap! Just curious.

Marc
IP Logged
Pete

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 11:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

First...Lori...Doxepin is an anti-depressant. I have no idea how or why it works and frankly when I'm on the Doxepin, I just don't care anymore... ;D

Just kidding...a little anti-depressant humor. My doc said that some people have been able to use this treatment as a preventative. Works for me. And I don't really notice that I'm happier or more carefree...I still suffer from road rage. Angry

One of the side effects of Dox is a craving for sweets. This is true side effect and a horrible one as my New Year's resolution was to lose weight and I've lost 10 pounds so far on my way to losing a total 30 altogether. I gained back 2 before I realized it was the Dox doing this to me. Now I just eat a bunch of apples and bananas to fulfill that sweets crave. It'd be depressing except for the Doxepin. Wink

Next...Mark...it seems to me that the O2 canisters should be a lot more reasonable but apparently my insurance is being cheap. And after selling our house, living in an apartment for 5 months and moving to the new house, the invoices from Health n Home never made it through the whole change of address thing so just last week, I got a lovely notice saying that if I didn't pay, they would refer me to a collection agency. Isn't that fun?

So I call them up and say what about my insurance and they say ins. didn't pick any of it up. I say they should have. They say not their problem anymore...which credit card would you like to charge the balance to, sir? So I got a bunch of miles of my frequent flyer credit card and I get the fun job of trying to get a reimbursement from my insurance co.

Ticks me off to spend that much on a treatment that ended up being ineffective for me afterall.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss