Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 4:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone Ever Heard of Balloning? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone Ever Heard of Balloning?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone Ever Heard of Balloning?  (Read 317 times)
xxplosive

Email

Anyone Ever Heard of Balloning?
« on: Mar 15th, 2002, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am not a CH sufferer yet my step-father is I really am not sure all the details about his CH I know he is a chronic sufferer. Yesterday he came back from a surgeons app. and told me that the doctor had suggested a surgery that he called balloning, I know little about the details of the surgery, just that some how they ballon out an artery in the head which improves blood flow, but the side effects are harsh complete numbness on the side of the head the surgery is preformed on and maybe even blindness on that side. Has anyone heard of this??? What are the results. My step-father has alreay had a surgery where they cut the t. nerve, in which as a result the left side of his face will be numb for the rest of his life.

I will try to find out some more details about the surgeory.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2002, 12:44pm by xxplosive » IP Logged
TimandLaurie

Email

Re: Anyone Ever Heard of Balloning?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 12:52pm »

run,run as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         tim
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 12:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Unbelievable.  That's akin to the ancient art of drilling a hole in someone's head to relieve headache.

I'm so sorry to hear your step father has gone through this.  There are SO many other options for clusterheads!!  Any chance you can get him in to see a cluster-knowledgeable neuro?  Man.  That's awful what he's gone through.

We're here as you need us - check out the buttons to the left and see if you can find something to help him.

Hang in there.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
xxplosive

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 1:07pm »

Thank you, I am 19 now, he is one of my best friends, I have lived withi him since I was in Elementary school. I just want him to be the awesome guy I know but without all this suffering and screaming. I hear everyday. His bedroom is like a cave he lives in there, I here screams and moans and I just want to do something for him. I am going to try to get him on here to check this stuff out. I know he has tried alot of stuff. He went to the Diamond Headache clinic for awhile but he couldn't get along with the doctors. He treid a radiation treatment that would kill this nerve but it didn't work either, I think it was the first surgery like that perfprmed for the purpose of stopping a CH. They had to put him in one of those Halo things and drill bolt in his head, that was a few years ago. now he just stays drugged all the time. I just want this to end for him.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 1:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OMG - that poor man!!

And, I'm a supporter too - I know how hard it is to hear someone you love going through this pain.  It's such a helpless feeling.

Has your step-dad tried any of the abortives, such as Imitrex or Oxygen?  Has he ever seen a doctor that actually KNOWS something about clusters?  How often does your dad have these headaches and how long does each headache last?  If it is clusters OR migraines, imitrex and oxygen work well to relieve both.

You might want to print out some of the stuff here in the buttons to the left, for him to read and take to his doctor.  There are lots of meds out there now that can help him.  

Please feel free to email me directly at moxie_miss@hotmail.com if you need to talk some more.  I know what you're going through as a supporter.

Hugs

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss