Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex injection - in arm, leg, or rear? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex injection - in arm, leg, or rear?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex injection - in arm, leg, or rear?  (Read 1579 times)
Mattso

Email

Imitrex injection - in arm, leg, or rear?
« on: Mar 16th, 2002, 5:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I've always done the injection in my arm / shoulder with quick results. Now that I want to try a half dose with my auto injector syringe (using the technique described in the imitrex tip to the left), I'm sure it would be easier to do it in the upper thigh instead.  

This is my concern though: does injecting in the shoulder get the dose to the head faster (since the shoulder is closer to the head)?
IP Logged
Elizabeth

Email

Re: Imitrex injection - in arm, leg, or rear?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 5:47pm »

Not answering your question (since I don't know the answer)...I'll add my 2 cents anyway:

I inject into my belly. Belly seems faster - about 5 minutes if I catch it early enough...
Thigh hurt too damn much (too much muscle); upper arm bled profusely; belly bleeds little and rarely hurts at all. I've done the autoinject, the imitrex tip with the autoinjector, and diabetic short needles with vials of imitrex.

Liz
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2002, 9:27pm by Elizabeth » IP Logged
tsol75
New Board Junior

tsol75  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I use both belly and leg...but still like the arm best...seems to react faster though I am probably imagining it....it is harder in your arm and once I actually hit a vein and got blood in my medicine...gross!

Jon
IP Logged

I Wanna Be Sedated...
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 2:17pm »

I inject in my thigh.  It takes 5 to 6 minutes to take effect.  I've never tried the arm..sounds awkward! hehe  Can't really answer your question..but 5 to 6 minutes is pretty damn quick to me!  Grin
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 3:47pm »

Mattso - I've only had a few shots in my arm and haven't noticed a difference in the amount of time for relief.  I usually take the shots in the upper thigh and have found a result in approx 5 mins towards the beginning of my cycle.  Longer into my cycle I find results in about 10 mins.  Good luck.      

NotH20
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 5:37pm »

"I usually take the shots in the upper thigh and have found a result in approx 5 mins towards the beginning of my cycle"

Now that's what I wanted to hear........thanks.
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 5:38pm »

"I usually take the shots in the upper thigh and have found a result in approx 5 mins towards the beginning of my cycle"

Now that's what I wanted to hear........thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss