Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Smoke Weed? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Smoke Weed?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Smoke Weed?  (Read 800 times)
SFChris

Email

Smoke Weed?
« on: Mar 20th, 2002, 10:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Greetings All:

A couple of questions for some of you longer term CH sufferers.

Does smoking pot help lessen your headaches?  Is it a possible trigger for headaches?   Living in California (specifically San Francisco) you hear alot about the medical benefits of pot.  There are numerous cannibus buyers collectives, etc. who advocate pot as having real benefits for pain relief.  Please share your experiences - and thanks for your support.   Tongue

Also - It's been alot of fun to see all of the battles/fighting/laughing that happens on this MB.  K[color=Green][/color]eep it up!
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Smoke Weed?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 11:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

All I have ever heard on the board are negative things about pot and ch.  nothing good about pot.  It doesn't help abort a headache or cycle.  It doesn't prevent a headache or cycle.  It has been know to cause a ha to occur for some but not all.  Seriously, I have been reading the board daily for years and have never read one post where someone said pot helped them.  If you do a search in the archives I am sure you will find lots of reading on the subject.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 12:58pm »

Hi!
I decided to try pot for the same reasons you mentioned.  Big mistake!  It made my headache worst.  I can't say whether or not it caused an attack because I used it at the onset.  I wouldn't do it again.  But that's my experience.

Good luck!
IP Logged
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 1:34pm »

Chris,

Ditto - what Karla and Ann said.
IP Logged
erik
New Board Junior
Canada 

figthing the mother off all battles.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 8:46am »

can bring some relief if kip level is under 4
carefull you may regret ever touching it . Cool
IP Logged
RichardN
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

lastchantsranch   babbleontn
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 9:03am »

Used for chronic pain 30 yrs for  lifelong crippling condition (EB) with beneficial effects.

For cluster?  Help for anxiety maybe (try during your normal pain free period of the day), but I agree with everyone els - -  you may be unpleasantly surprise if you try to abort with pot.
IP Logged

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
Merc

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 9:36am »

Hi Smiley

I'm quite a pot head myself and havnt found it to be in the least beneficial. It also hasnt made the CH worse, but be advised ! A KIP 10 WHEN YOURE STONED CAN BE A VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIANCE !
IP Logged
MANDY

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 6:26pm »

AS A CH SUFFERER I CAN TELL YOU DONT SMOKE HERBS! I SMOKED FOR 10 YEARS AND LET ME TELL YOU IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE AFTER I SMOKED UP, IT WOULD ACTUALLY BRING ON A HEADACHE. I HAD TO QUIT AS MUCH AS I DIDN'T ANT TO, ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS AND LAST TIME ( ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO) I EVEN TRIED TO TAKE A HIT, I FELT A SHADOW OF PRESSURE. SO TAKE MY ADVICE, SLOW DOWN OR DONT SMOKE WHILE YOU'RE IN A CYCLE, BECAUSE IT MAY FORCE YOU TO QUIT IN THE END AND YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT AGAIN.  Embarassed
IP Logged
clusterdome

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:01pm »

I tried it, ALL different strains from friends who wanted to help, I've had these 31 years plus so I've had ample time to say I about did them all. Out of sheer desperation, seeking anything, anything from relief to just calming down. Bad, bad idea, everytime. No help. If anything it started one or made it worst to everyones disapointment. My friends including Dr's wanted to it to help and went to great lengths at times, just no luck. Sorry, my advice, steer clear especially during a cycle!

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss