Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on Greg and the shrooms... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on Greg and the shrooms...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on Greg and the shrooms...  (Read 2674 times)
Monique
New Board Junior

Farm Fresh!

Update on Greg and the shrooms...
« on: Mar 19th, 2002, 11:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greg has been shadowing heavy lately.  This cycle, if you can call it that, has been very strange.  Anyway we had an extremely stressful day today and it culminated with him opting for bed at about 8:00pm.  Within two hours he was up in the midst of a 8-9 CH.  
We have just picked our first shrooms from our own crop and they were in the drying chamber.  I am not sure of the reasoning behind his decision but he refused to dose cuz they were not completely dry.  I suppose cuz that is the only way that he has ever tried them.  Anyway, after about ten minutes and the CH increasing to 10, on the verge of the puking setting in, I got really pissed and began ranting (not my usual method of dealing with him in this or any state Sad) About how much work I have put in to growing our own just for this... yada yada... anyway, broke off a piece of one of the caps and told him (in a very nasty way) to stick it under his tongue.  Which he promptly did.  Amazing how well they listen when they are used to meek and mild and yah break that mold! Wink  Within less than five minutes (sorry still fuming at that point so I forgot to time it exactly) the CH was over and done with.  No shadow even.  He was smiling and apologizing to me.... goofy guy got it all backwards, it was my turn to apologize! Undecided
Anyway, only a very slight buzz from it and off to bed again.  It's almost 1:00am and he has been sleeping soundly ever since.  ;D
We did try this method before in the midst of a bad Cluster.  It worked then too.  He is going to drink some tea tomorrow morning.  I have about two doses drying and I have about twenty shrooms ready to pick likely tomorrow as well.  
Again thanks to Pinky (my guru!) for his help and guidance.  You are an amazing teacher oh Great Pink One! *arms out stretched, bowing solemnly*

The last time he tried this method was with a dried piece of a liberty cap.  This time it was from the  fresh shrooms either Tropical Coast or B+, not sure which since I mixed them up when I birthed the cakes in the terrarium.  Pinky might know if I send him a pic if it makes any difference to anyone.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2002, 11:49pm by Monique » IP Logged

Deep Breath And Go On.......
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

Re: Update on Greg and the shrooms...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 12:17am »

YOU GO GIRL!! Tongue

Way ta be a b*tch (your right as a female, of course)
<snicker>
Mast (smiling happily)
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2002, 12:19am by Mastifflvr28 » IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

Atta-Girl
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 12:38am »

Attagirl again! Though I think the reason he took them wasnt' due to the break from the 'meek' mold but more because when you're having a CH, you'll do pretty much anything. With the pain so great bordering on ridiculous, the crazier the suggestion the more quickly it'll be tried. Anyhoo, good for you and great growing! Please keep us posted with how the rest of the treatment goes.

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 6:09am »

Monique -  

Congratulations on Greg's success!  

But better have him wait a few more days before he takes the tea. Remember the shrooms "close the door" on themselves and if a second dose is taken too soon after the first it won't do any good. It takes four or five days for the receptor sites to clear (?? don't really know what I'm talking about) so the shrooms can work their magic.

Also remember he might have some shadows and mild breakthrough attacks for a while, but those should fade over a week or two. If the beast doesn't seem to be weakening fast enough, say by next week, then a second dose is called for.

Flash and Pink, of course, will know the details.
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Monique
New Board Junior

Farm Fresh!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 10:09am »

Guess I should put in a bit more for those that don't know.  This is not Greg's first attempt with the shrooms.  He has used them before and been in remission for two years.  We couldn't get any when he needed to dose again, and when we did he kept insisting on sending them off to others that needed them more.  Hence the idea behind growing our own.  

They have been very sucessful for him and he swears by them.  Absolutely refuses to do any other meds now that the shrooms have worked.  Mikey (Margi's Mike) gave him an imetrex inhaler when he was out here.  Greg has kept that close by but he is really scared of it since he suffered a heart attack after taking the injections.  Acturally the last few years before the shroom treatment Greg went through every cycle without any meds at all.  He just didn't trust them anymore since the heart attack.  

TommyD, your right. It didn't even occur to me.  I know about waiting the five days since we have gone through this all but the little piece didn't occur to me to count that.  I have written to Pinky now and asked him.  Thanks for pointing that out.
IP Logged

Bob_Baker

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 9:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Monique,
     I'm sorry to hear that Greg is still suffering from this demon. But I am glad you got shrooms available for him.  I can only Pray that these things work for you guys as well as it did for us  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley ...  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Monique.. Good Luck.. Keep in touch.. Smiley

Bob

P.S Thanks for everything you have done for me and my family... Words cannot describe how thankful we are. Smiley
IP Logged
Monique
New Board Junior

Farm Fresh!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 12:39am »

Latest news...
Greg continued to use the little pieces under his tongue when he he got hit, which was twice a day since the 20th.  This aborted each attack within five minutes.  Not wanting to wait any longer he dosed this morning with a cup'o'tea.  I had just picked a good crop and he did a substantial dose.  Reached a good level to the point of mild hallucinations and the furninture breathing.  He also carried on a rather extensive conversation with the squirell in the feeder about the "rules" of feeding from the "BIRD" feeder.  This was extrememly entertaining for the entire family.
Anyway.  He was flying for a few hours then went to bed about 1:00 pm and slept until 5:00 pm.  Woke with what he thought was a CH coming on and he paced in fear for about ten minutes till he just walked off to bed again leaving the rest of us with our mouths open wondering what happened.  (might have been sleep walking??? *shrug*)  He has been sleeping ever since it is almost 2:00am.  Much sleep to catch up on! Smiley
Anyway, the Tea seems to have done it's duty once again!  fingers crossed that we succeeded in breaking this cycle too.  Sure hope so, I sure could use the sleep too Wink

IP Logged

Monique
New Board Junior

Farm Fresh!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 12:43am »

PS to Bob,
It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you and your family honey.  I think your a great person and a pretty terrific son to have hung out here with all those hounds on your ass making you prove yourself.  We are very proud of you and to call you a member of this family!  And could not be happier that the shrooms did the trick for your Dad!  Best news I have had in a long time! ;D

NOW STOP THANKING ME!!!! KissLove
Monique
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss