Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:25pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Please read... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Please read...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please read...  (Read 541 times)
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Please read...
« on: Mar 21st, 2002, 4:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been almost a year and half now since my last cluster headache.  Still it brings me to tears just thinking about the pain.  I post this message for those who suffer as I once did.  I think you'll find what I'm about to tell you very interesting...    

In the last 1 ½ years I have drastically changed my lifestyle, and for the last 1 ½ years I haven't had one single episode.  I really feel that changes I've made in my life may be preventing me from getting these headaches.    I have changed my diet completely.  I try to avoid as much junk food as possible and have emphasized my diet more on eating what is good for me.  Some of these foods include: cottage cheese, wild rice, fruits, green vegetables, yogurt, chicken, fish, etc.  I went from having no exercise in my life to progressively working out 5-6 days a week.   I'm not sure which of the changes I've made, if any, have kept these terrible headaches from coming.  I'm not sure if it's something that I'm eating, something I'm not eating, or if it's because I exercise now.  All I know is that 1 ½ years ago I decided to change my lifestyle, and that 1 ½ years ago I had my last cluster headache, and  I don't believe it's coincidence.   God bless!
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2002, 4:11pm by Lissa » IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Please read...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 6:41am »

I have heard of exercise aborting peoples headaches but never preventing them.  This is great news for you.  However, it is common for people to go that long inbetween cycles if not even longer so you may not be out of the woods yet.  But rejoice for now this is wonderful news and I am glad you are painfree!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: Please read...
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 7:43am »

That is very true.  You could be right that maybe I'm speaking too soon here, but I really do think they're gone.  I've never gone this long without  having an episode. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and if I do have  relapse, I will definitely let you know.  Let me tell you it's been great this past year and half.   Smiley
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss