Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my shroom and imitrex experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   my shroom and imitrex experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my shroom and imitrex experience  (Read 5398 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

my shroom and imitrex experience
« on: Mar 20th, 2002, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just want to say that i tried shrooms while in amsterdam. i took a quarter dose (drugs affect me really strongly so i was tripping from this mildly) after three days of no headaches. it was the last day i was there and i wanted ot try it. i took them on sunday afternoon and 30 hours later i had my first attack in 4 days. oh well. i'm still on 320 mg verapamil. 480 wasn't working so i lowered and am actually getting fewer attacks, and weaker. go figure. i think the break i got on my trip was do to circadian rythyms being disrupted or something like that. anyway. 30hours after the shrooms i took an imitrex shot for my kip9 that woke me in the middle of the night. it was very strange. my brain felt cold within 2 mins. it was a very weird sensation. i felt the chest tightness as well but i think i was going into shock or something because i had about a 30 min anxiety attack before i could calm down. however, i'm prone to anxiety attacks. so i have been using O2 and vicadin since for my attacks. still afraid to use the imitrex, especially at work. wonder if anyone had this happen to them or how long it will take for the shrooms, lsd, psyclobin, whatever to get out of my system. thanks
jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

Re: my shroom and imitrex experience
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20th, 2002, 11:53pm »

Justin, thanks very much for the detailed report.  

To answer your question re elimination time: all traces of any psilocybin, psilocin, and metabolites of those two compounds would already have been out of your system by the time you took the Imitrex. They are not detectable by even the most sensitive GC/MS tests within about 12 to 18 hours after ingestion.

But it may take 72 to 120 hours for your 5-HT receptor sites (some of which Imitrex also work on) to return to their regular state. Since you say you took just a single low dose, my guess is that the 72 hour figure is more likely the one to go by.

I'm sorry to hear that a single low dose of psilocybin didn't end your cycle. How many more headaches have you had since that Kip 9 you aborted with the Imitrex? How bad were they?

pinky
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2002, 12:03am by pinksharkmark » IP Logged
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 1:01pm »

following that 1 am kip9 monday morning wake up call i had;

monday
1pm - kip8
11pm - kip4
tues
8 pm kip4
wed
1pm kip 7
8pm kip 5
thurs  
11am kip 7

so the pattern isn't back really. haven't used imitrex since. at home relying on O2, and at work vicadin, which doesn't help much and fighting it hard core. oh well. i would try dosing again if i didn't hate the tripping and high effect so much. can't go through those anxiety attacks again. ugh..thanks for your help. i really appreciate it. i've been researching a lot on depakote and topamax, might give it a try. gonna make an apt with Dr. Richard Lipton at the Montifiore Heache Center in the Bronx.  

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 1:23pm »

chest tightness can be a side effect of imitrix.   I would use it with extreame caution but the only way you will ever know if it was the shrooms or anxiety attach is to try it again.  You may want to have someone around you when you try it again (relative, friend, co-worker) so if you feel real uncomfortable and need to go see a dr you can be driven.  The insert says your dr. should do an EKG to make sure you don't have any pre-existing heart conditions if you are feeling chest pains and tightness and then it sounds like if you get a clean bill of health it is up to you on if you want to take the imitrix and feel uncomfortable and know you are ok or take something else.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Jodi

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Justin,
Last I heard from you, your were not going to trip,    What happened.   Can't say much for myself did it last week and so far so good.  Started the depakote again because of  the goost headaches.
See ya  
Jodi
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 8:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What is a goost headache?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss