Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ? re. ending Pred. treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   ? re. ending Pred. treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ? re. ending Pred. treatment  (Read 570 times)
ChrisInTexas

Email

? re. ending Pred. treatment
« on: Mar 21st, 2002, 9:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi ya'll.  This is my very first experience with the beast and was wondering if anyone can help.  I'm coming off a Pred treatment from last Thursday, along with "Vera" and Prevacid. 80,60, 40, 20 mg. two days each dose of Pred. Although I was getting Kip 1-2 all week in the afternoons tonight i'm getting close to 5's. Was wondering if this is expected from the lower doses of Pred.
 Thanks in advance and guess I'll dust off my injector kit, what a wonderful invention!! PFDAN to all!!
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

Re: ? re. ending Pred. treatment
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 8:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is a very common reaction with the prednisone "tapers"... almost universal, in fact. Once you drop below a certain level, The Beast returns.

My neuro told me that the purpose of the prednisone is to give the patient a "pain holiday" while the other medications (verapamil, for example) ramp up to full strength. In rare cases, there may be a bonus... the prednisone may actually halt the cycle on its own, especially if it is your first cycle. Sounds like that isn't going to happen for you, but hopefully the verapamil will kick in soon.

pinky
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Chris - most of the time when you close to 20 mg of Pred the ch's start to return (at least in my case)....but I agree w/ Pinky - it allows you system a little break on the higher dose and even sometimes more sleep......

Good luck to you.....

NotH20
IP Logged
ChrisInTexas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 9:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks guys, I did appreciate the "holiday"! But as far as more sleep??..NOT!  Past three nights I've had wild nightmares about tarantullas, a giant squid, gators and police chases!  Have been waking up at least every hour-UGH!  Think I read that its one of those wonderful side effects one can expect.  At least I'm not seeing things during the day--yet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss