Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « allergic reactions, etc. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   allergic reactions, etc.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: allergic reactions, etc.  (Read 444 times)
il_pastore

Email

allergic reactions, etc.
« on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

On 03/19, I went to a pain mgmt clinic and found out the very hard way that I am now dangerously allergic to all NSAIDS; a shot of Toradol put me in anaphylactic shock, dropped BP below 60/40, and temporarily stopped my heart. That was after I turned bright red all over an felt like I was on fire. I am also allergic, the same way to sumatriptans. This leaves me with opiates as of now. I have been using, on average, some form of opiate every day for the last 35 years. Anybody know of hear of, besides O-2 and some of the even stronger drugs, anything that works that won't kill you? il pastore
IP Logged
Lee

Email

Re: allergic reactions, etc.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23rd, 2002, 12:01pm »

Try these together, verapamil er 240 mg twice daily, lithobid sr 300 mg twice daily. I used to be chronic, this combo broke a five year chronic period. I keep O2 and Imitrex inj. around for breakthroughs.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2002, 2:12pm by lcpipeman » IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23rd, 2002, 1:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have you tried ergot, DHE, and migranol as an abortive?  These are completely different than the triptans.  So they may offer you some hope.  Good luck!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 10:43am »

to Lee:

How can you be so stupid to recommend Imitrex as il_pastore stated that he's allergic against triptans ?

to Karla:

Migranal  i s  DHE !

Thomas
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2002, 10:47am by Tom » IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Lee

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 12:05pm »

To Thomas:
 I guess even Einstein made one mistake. I simply always post the O2 & Imitrex out of habit because most people are not allergic to Imitrex, It would appear after rereading his post that he probably knows this and does not need you help in this matter and would simply ignore that part of my post, so who is really stupid in this picture? Back off.  
IP Logged
Lee

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 5:29pm »

Lee, I must strongly protest that you try to piss of one of the very few doctors posting on this board!  
--- Get a life ! ----  

Einstein did read carefully what others wrote, that's why he was so successful.  
I must agree with Thomas, it is stupid to put out recommendations without reading what the other wrote.  And recommending Verapamil ER isn't very clever either, as the CH-expert (like Dr. Goadsby) found out that the regular release Verapamil works much better for CH.  

Ueli believes only in scientifically sound methods and hates snake oil vendors.
Visit Quackwatch and learn about scams!  

Ueli, if this guy is really a doctor he has terrible bedside manners. You can protest all you want, but as I see it he was trying to piss me off. It appears there could be some European vs. American personality clash thing going on here and you know with 2 hrs sleep in the last 48 it might be possible for someone to make a slight error or oversight. As for verapamil types, this is what works for me, I don't know how many people Dr. G has tested but for me I could not tolerate standard release verapamil. If you think you are some kind of total medical expert that knows all there is to know about C/H and that no one else has an opinion then go fuck yourself. I will continue to post what works for me and there is not a God Damn thing you can do about it.

CC: DJ

IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Oh Lee, ...
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 6:10pm »

do you want to become the successor of Tony?
You are on the best way to it.   ???
IP Logged
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 6:35pm »

Hi Lee, hi Ueli,

I apologize for the word "stupid", sorry, I shouldn't have used it ! It should not be the cause for a potential future battle between US-Americans and Europeans.

Nevertheless: "Advices", given automatically,  may be dangerous !

Thomas
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Lee

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 6:46pm »

Point well taken and recieved.

Lee
IP Logged
Lee

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 7:09pm »

Ueli, my name is Lee Moore, I have been in and around this site from the start, if you are making some kind of threat why don't you spell it out. I know more about this dreadful condition than you could possibly comprehend. All of your picking fly shit out of the pepper is annoying. So here is the deal, you stay away from me I will stay away from you.

As far as I am concerned you are the one being unreasonable and I don’t change my mind very often. So do your Tony thing if you need too, I really don’t give a shit, I have better things to do than argue with not a very nice persons like you. By the way what makes you such an expert on this subject, how many years have you had a gun in your mouth?  

Lee Moore  20 yr C/H experience  
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2002, 9:59pm by lcpipeman » IP Logged
Lee

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 5:59am »

to: il_pastore

Dear Sir/Madam I Am most regretful for the awful display we have givin you here in response to your request. This sort of thing happens from time to time and tempers flare up and then ......you know the rest. Please give us a chance to show you that we care about you, your questions and how you are feeling. I know it doesn't look like it, but we are here to help you. Please don’t take any Imitrex, my mistake.

Lee Moore
IP Logged
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 7:43pm »

Right! Good and magnanimous behaviour, Lee, thanks!

Thomas
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss