Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question about Imitrex pills... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Question about Imitrex pills...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question about Imitrex pills...  (Read 297 times)
tsol75
New Board Junior

tsol75  
Email

Question about Imitrex pills...
« on: Mar 18th, 2002, 11:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

I use the injections and they work but only keep the headaches away for a couple hours...do the pills keep em gone longer since they are a higher mg?  I thought I could stay close to oxygen until the pills have time to start working and hopefully get to sleep?  Ahh...sleep...I remember those days...  Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Jon
IP Logged

I Wanna Be Sedated...
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: Question about Imitrex pills...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2002, 11:24am »

Dear Jon:  I have 50mg imitrex tabs.  My first hit (usually around 10p) I take 1 (sometimes 2 if it's real bad).  They don't work so fast - sometimes up to 1/2 hour.  You really just have to deal with it until it kicks in (unless you have oxygen - which I don't).  I can then usually sleep until around 5-6am until the next hit.  I know that on the nights I try to go without it I get hit around 2a also.  So I think that the imitrex is at least keeping the 2a from getting to me.

Hope that helps.  PFDAN always, Linda T.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 1:33pm »

I found the pills to give me the same length of coverage as the nasal spray.  The ns kicks in about 10 min. the pill in 30 min.  I like the ns better.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21st, 2002, 3:33pm »

Jon,  the pills usually take longer than the shot in my case to start working - the shot works in less than 10 mins - totally PF - the pills take as long as 30 mins.  Once the ch is gone, i've found that they both work as effective for keeping the beast away for the same length of time.

Good luck and hope this helps......

NotH20
IP Logged
tsol75
New Board Junior

tsol75  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:17am »

Thanks everyone...  I figured it out...none of it works...
IP Logged

I Wanna Be Sedated...
ChrisInTexas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My 25mg. pills would work-if taken in time-for about four hours. The shots would give me about six hours relief.
IP Logged
erik
New Board Junior
Canada 

figthing the mother off all battles.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 6:35pm »

i find that the pills last longer but take much to long to work 1.5 hrs injection works in 15/20 min  
I use 1/2 injection and then take a 50 mg pill  i use the 100mg and cut them in half right now mine are peeking at 8/10 kip scale the 1/2 and 1/2 treatment good for 4/6 hrs when kip 5/6  good for 6/10 hrs pills dont break down and get absorbed much slower when your body experiences pain. thats why pills are not as fast as the injections.that is what my doc tells me .
PF DAYS ERIK.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss