Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Inderal/Proprananol Side Effects?....... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Inderal/Proprananol Side Effects?.......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Inderal/Proprananol Side Effects?.......  (Read 928 times)
JET

Email

Inderal/Proprananol Side Effects?.......
« on: Mar 25th, 2002, 2:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I was prescribed this drug in 1980 for headache control purposes.  For the last ten years or so I've been on a 160LA dose 1X per day.  Last Fall my feet started to feel numb, ice cold or hot and very painful.  My doctor said it was probably the side-effects of the Inderal but after almost 21 years I have to doubt his explanation.  Anyway, after complete blood checks and finding my LDL levels to be over 1200 I told my doctor that I would be stopping the Inderal for good.  He prescribed Tricor for the LDL problem and it's working (down to under 200).  My foot problem is worse now.  I just had a "vascular doppler" test done at the hospital this morning and it came back excellent.  My problem is obviously neural related and I think a direct cause of the many years of Inderal use.  I go in for neuro testing next month but know that there is no real "cure" for this type of condition.  I'm talking to a drug attorney for a legal opinion.  I would like to warn anyone here that long term use of this drug can be BAD NEWS!  I'm living proof........

JET
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Inderal/Proprananol Side Effects?.......
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 10:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I tried this medicine and had to quit taking it right away because it made my hands and feet so cold.  I was constantly wearing gloves (in the summer) and running scolding hot water over them to try to warm them up.  I couldn't stand it and decided it wasn't worth it to me.  I am sorry to hear you are going through this difficult time.  I pray that this pain can be reversed.  Thanks for posting the warning.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
JET

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 10:17pm »

Thanks Karla, it's the only way (it seems) to get the word out about this drug.

Regards,

JET
IP Logged
studebaker

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28th, 2002, 10:30pm »

I took Inderal for 5 years and some of the side effects are almost as bad as the headaches.  The first thing yo notice is the fog it puts in your head.  The next problem is it ruins any thought of sports.  However, this is perferable to CH's.  I am convinced that it caused my arrythmia situation, in fact I was put on Corgard for the CH and to help with the arrythmia.  This drug should be taken off the market.  It's old and newer drugs have less serious side effects.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss