Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « are there such things as vials of imitrex »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   are there such things as vials of imitrex
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: are there such things as vials of imitrex  (Read 526 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« on: Mar 28th, 2002, 10:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

neuro says yes, pharmacy says no. i'm not talking about auto injectors like statdose pen. i have that. but neuro wrote script for syringes and 6mg vials. i thought i read somewhere that there were 3 mg vials. just no 3 mg statdoes systems. do you think he ment i was suppossed to take apart the cartridges from the stat dose system and use syringes. kinda of confused. sorry. thanks. i tried the search but i got too much and couldn't sort it all out quickly. thanks!

jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

Re: are there such things as vials of imitrex
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28th, 2002, 11:23pm »

Yes Justin, VIALS of imitrex.  My pharmacy had to order them, and they come in a 5 pack.  Mine say on them..."6mg sumatriptan/0.5ml"  This too confuses me.  Does it mean that for every .5ml there is 6mg of imitrex?  Or does it mean that each vial is 6mg?  The vials contain 1ml of fluid.  So, if I draw up .25ml, is that 3mg?  Sorry I can't help Justin, other then they DO come in vials Smiley
Mast

UPDATE

Ok, answered my own questions.  I drew up a vial of imitrex and it is .5ml.  So, 6mg if you use the whole vial, 3mg if you use .25ml.  Make sense?
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2002, 11:38pm by Mastifflvr28 » IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2002, 4:08pm »

yeah that makes sense only i thought the whole purpose in getting the vials was so that you could use 3mg. does this mean you can draw some from a vial and use the rest the next day. not sure if it's worth ordering.
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29th, 2002, 9:55pm »

Exactly Justin,
Use half a vial each time...so I can get 10 doses out of my pack of 5 vials.  You could even quarter the dose if it would work...that would be 1.5mg, have not tried that yet though.  The thing with the vial is that you draw up what you need, and save the rest.  Like doing half of a stat dose, but you don't have to take apart the injector.  Use Insulin syringes.  .25ml on an insulin syringe would be 3mg of imitrex.  Hope that makes better sense.
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
ave

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2002, 6:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

And if your pharmacy can't get them, you might take a peek at the imitrex tip (button on the top left of this message board).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss