Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « imitrex prices @#&$% »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   imitrex prices @#&$%
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: imitrex prices @#&$%  (Read 367 times)
bugsy909

Email

imitrex prices @#&$%
« on: Mar 30th, 2002, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shocked    I am new here so please forgive me if I am bringing up something that has been beaten to death.
I have been A cluster for about 3 years now , with the last run lasting over a year. I decided to try the imitrex statdose and paid $106.00 for the two shots and carrying case and statpen. Does this sound out of line.?
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

Re: imitrex prices @#&$%
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2002, 9:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Actually when I was on vacation to Outer Banks of NC and the drug store didn't take my insurance I paid close to $200 for a kit.

You are right that it's out of line - we shouldn't have to go broke to releave our pain, but... it is the going rate.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
Mattso

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2002, 10:51pm »

I couldn't agree more that imitrex prices in the U.S. are an incredible rip off.

Back in the good old days when I lived in San Diego it sure was nice to be able to pop over the border (Tijuana) and get it way cheaper.  

I've been able to get it a bit cheaper lately (approx. $70 for 2 injections) by ordering at these foreign sites:

This site is Brazilian - I ordered it express shipping and I think I got it in 6 days. It was new syringes that worked fine. NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED.

http://www.pharm-international.com/imitrex.html

This next one is Canadian. It appears perfectly legal. They don't offer express shipping, but I recieved mine in Seattle in 7 days. PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED.

http://www.prescriptiondrugscanada.com/order/to-order.html

I'm so thankful that Glaxo offers this miracle Imitrex stuff, but man, they are clearly commiting extreme highway robbery with their U.S. prices!
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 1st, 2002, 1:25pm »

Thanks for the info.  My doctor is out of town for another week... I only have one syringe left and my dr.s replacement won't do anything with my meds.....  Which means that even after he comes back he has to call the insurance company and battle with them to get me my meds - then they will ship them - it will be at least 4 weeks.

So... I ordered some express.  I have a refill (I may have to pay full price) but I can at least get by until the mail order comes.

Mark
IP Logged

NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2002, 2:47pm »

Here is a trick that I learned - if my doc writes a script for ONE Imitrex and 3 refills - I get one box (2 injections) for my $25 co-pay - with three refills......

BUT..............

If he writes the script for THREE with three refills - I get 6 injections for my one copay of $25 with 3 refills of 6 injections each!!!!!!!!!!!!!  More bang for the buck!!!!!

You may want to check with your pharmacy first and have them run it thru their computer to see if it will work with your particular insurance - but it has saved me a considerable amount of money.

Good luck to everyone and be strong......

NotH20
IP Logged
Rich D

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 1st, 2002, 2:47pm »

If your anywhere close to Mexico, I just bought 4 individual injections at $23 each.  No prescription needed.
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:02pm »

Unfortunately I'm in Ohio - so no chance of running to mexico!  I did order from brazil though.

My Doctor tried to write 10 - 2 packs via mail and all as they would send me was 3 - 2 packs.  He also wrote for 2 - 2 packs with 5 refills from the pharmacy and they would only give me 1.....

This insurance thing sucks!

Mark
IP Logged

NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 2nd, 2002, 1:17pm »

Mark,

I just check my last Rx and my doc wrote it for Qty:3, Refills: 3

Maybe it's not the way your doc is writing it and more w/ your own ins. company.  I'm sorry - but it was worth a shot.  Maybe when ur doc gets back into town you can have him contact your ins. company directly and have you approved for the "medically necessary" provision which would automatically allow you more injections no matter what restriction the ins. company has.........

Are you ch's still subsiding a bit - especially w/ the correct mask, etc.?

Keep us all posted......

NotH20
IP Logged
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 3rd, 2002, 4:13pm »

Hopefully when he gets back he'll contact the insurance company and talk the insurance into letting me have the imitrex I need.

I think I might be at end of cycle.  I haven't had a cluster in 48 hours.  Had a migraine 36 hours ago, but I think it was rebound from imitrex.

The new mask is helping a lot!  The last time I had preasure that was turning into a cluster I used the oxygen and it got rid of it.

Thanks for everything...Mark
IP Logged

NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 4th, 2002, 7:44am »

Mark - you are sounding so up and positive  Grin  that's wonderful !!!!!!!!!  I do hope the beast is gone for a while for you and that you will be able to have some fun w/ your children and some overdue R&R as all clusterheads need........

Keep us posted and good luck....

NotH20

PS - Keep me in your prayers today - today is the last day for my Topomax schedule - what a ride this cycle has been for me - 2 more weeks of Calan and I should be med free if everything goes according to plan....I'm really nervous, scared and trying to stay positive - but in the back of my mind I know that the other shoe can drop at any minute.......
IP Logged
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

« Reply #10 on: Apr 6th, 2002, 2:54pm »

Try to see if your Dr will write your script for "Refills:  Y".  My Dr did this for me and my insurance has covered every refill for the $20 copay.  I filled my Imitrex Inj 4 times in 2 weeks along with 2 Imitrex NS, 1 Imitrex Tab and 3 Zomig Tab...each one was a $20 copay.  Don't know if it had to do with the writing of the script or my insurance, but it is worth a shot!
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss