Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anti-Depressants »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anti-Depressants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anti-Depressants  (Read 333 times)
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

Anti-Depressants
« on: Mar 30th, 2002, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone had any luck with anti-depressants?

I was on Paxil years ago and then Celexa.... After a couple of years on both my ha would start to get worse again, so my Dr. recently switched me to Prozac.  Well... this cycle has been the worst I can remember.  

So... I went off the prozac and took some paxil I happened to have and I actually went 36 hours pain free then the last one was a shadow ha.  I could just be at end of cycle, but I'm wondering if the Paxil & Celexa were helping somewhat and the prozac wasn't!

Any experience???  I figure that since seratonin is related to this whole thing an SSRI might have some effect.

Thanks...Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: Anti-Depressants
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2002, 4:55pm »

Hi Mark!

I took Elavil, which is an anti-depressant, for two cycles and it worked like a charm.  Like most of the meds, I started at low doses and worked my way up, then back down again.  By the time, I was taking a good dose, the CH was gone and then when I tapered, they really were gone.  I don't know if that was a fluke or if the cycle would have ended anyway.  I thought I found my "magic" bullet and the thought of going into cycle again wasn't so terrifying.

Unfortunately, I took Elavil for 3 months this go round and nothing.

Hope it keeps working for you though.  PFDAN always, Linda t.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
MarkHW
New Board Old Timer
USA 

mwilliams43050
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2002, 5:56pm »

Well... I've been back on the paxil for a couple days and the number of head aches has decreased.  I'm only having 1 a day and they are much milder.  Is it the paxil or is it end of cycle????  No idea, but until I know I'm staying on the paxil.

Mark
IP Logged

The clusterhead formerly known as williamsmh.
maria

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 4th, 2002, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

read my post, Taming the Beast,
  I think Prozac had something to do with only having one attack of CH after 22 years of regular attacks each year, usually spring. But, each of us is different and the Beast seems to work in mysterious ways. Maria
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss