Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 4:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Botox-anyone tried it? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Botox-anyone tried it?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Botox-anyone tried it?  (Read 505 times)
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Maybe this is the last one!

Email

Botox-anyone tried it?
« on: Sep 11th, 2002, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

???As I am in a chronic cycle, and have tried virtually all of the preventatives, my neurologist wants to inject me with Botox. Apparently it has been used for wrinkles in plastic surgery, but has been shown to have decent results with migraine. I could only find a couple of studies with ch. It seemed to have OK, but not great results. It is a series of dozen injections into the head Shocked Tongue Cry and is definitely painful (but then we do know about head pain, don't we?) Has anyone tried this or know anyone who has. Barring this, any information you may have gotten regarding Botox from a doctor? Thanks. Yours in pain! By the way, there is a link to a study at: http://www.headachedrugs.com/HeadacheInfo/cluster/botulinum_cluster.html
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Re: Botox-anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11th, 2002, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Lots of info about 25 threads down this board.   Roll Eyes
IP Logged
hdbngr
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: Botox-anyone tried it?
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 3:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I tried it. Helped with the accompanying neck tension (he also did injects in my neck) that goes with the cluster pain, but still had headaches, although not as severe. There were three inject sites in my forehead, two in the back of my head and two in the back of my neck. It last for three months. One vial of Botox was $350, and the injections were $150. Fortunately, the medication was covered by insurance. I paid the injection cost out of pocket.

I haven't repeated the treatment since last year, but as there were no side effects, and many people are helped by it, I say go for it. The plastic surgeon who did the inject was a headache sufferer himself. If it does help, they can teach you to do the injections yourself to save $. Compared to a real screamer, the pain of the injection is nothing!
IP Logged

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss