Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex shot tip »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex shot tip
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex shot tip  (Read 418 times)
Elaine

Email

Imitrex shot tip
« on: Oct 16th, 2002, 2:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know about you but I hate shots, and I also found that a thired of a shot works for me.

I like the imitrex that comes in the vales but they are hard to get and I hate the q tip thing it hurts to much and hard to do in the minddle of the night.

What I have done is I kept my vales and I take a shot from my kit and inject it into my old vales and this way I can use my insulant needle and withdraw it from the vales and its not so hard in the middle of the night and it has a smaller needle and hurts less. I can see how much I am using also.
IP Logged
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

Re: Imitrex shot tip
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 3:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I bought another inj pen kit and shortened the "firing pin" by about 8mm (can't remember exact dimensions now but I posted on this some months ago) and this gave me 1/2 a shot. I used the other unmodified injector to give myself the other 1/2 dose later. You could buy a third injector and then have 3 sizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd shots. Measure the lengt of the fluid in the vial and divide by number of shots you want to use to give dimensions to modify the pin.

You will need to use a pen or pencil to "reload" the inj pen as the shorter pin cannot be reset in the injector kit box. You also need to carefully unscrew the vial from the injector and carefully reinsert it into the kit ready for the next shot and clearly mark which shot(s)remains. This is a bit of effort but worked for me to save shots and avoid the q tip pain and also the use of a needle. If you need more exact details on the process I will be happy to write a more detailed account if this is not clear. You could always search the archives for my previous post on this.

Love J
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss