Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Did LSD trigger my cycle? Have shrooms stopped it. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Did LSD trigger my cycle? Have shrooms stopped it.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Did LSD trigger my cycle? Have shrooms stopped it.  (Read 7980 times)
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

Did LSD trigger my cycle? Have shrooms stopped it.
« on: Sep 15th, 2002, 11:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,
Ok this is the story. Last year I used the shroom treatment with great results. It stopped my cycle and I have been pain free ever since. I went to the Grateful Dead family reunion in Alpine Valley WI. on August 3rd and 4th. I decided to take a hit of LSD both for old time sake and knowing that my cycle is due in late Sept. early Oct. as a preventative dose. I ended up having a great time. Level 3 I would say.  

Two days after that night the Beast returned almost two months early. Kip 9. Could the LSD have caused this? I know Flash has said he takes a preventative dose before his cycle. But maybe for me I have to wait until it rears its ugly head. I decided against meds and would take some of the shooms I grew last year. The ch's continued same time every evening. I couldn't find the right time to dose for several weeks.

Aug. 30th I took 1.5 grams. Level 2 very mild. I felt the beast trying to come through but it wasn't successful. for the next four days I was pf with just a couple mild shadows. Then on the fifth day it came back waking me up an hour after going to sleep. this continued for a couple days then I had a pf night. Then I had a day with heavy shadows all day and several kip 8's. then back to the every night around 9 pm.

I decided to dose again. Last night I did 2 grams. Very mild level 2. I could feel the Beast trying hard to break through several times but there ain't know way. That's a good feeling. Today I feel great and am hoping I ended my cycle with that one. I will let you know how it goes.
IP Logged
Geotan

Email

Re: Did LSD trigger my cycle? Have shrooms stopped
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15th, 2002, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I tried to e-mail you but it was sent back. Hope to chat with you about this. I'm new to CH.com. Where to get it, how to do it are some of the questions we have. Hope someone out there can help! E-mail me at Geotan16@aol.com
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16th, 2002, 11:23pm »

My understanding is that lsd should act as a preventative like the shrooms.  So I am confussed as to why you got hit.  Hopefully Pinky or Flash will see your post and reply.  Also I wanted to say welcome from one Wisconsinite to another.  I live in Madison.  Hope you get relief soon.

Karla
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Flash

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17th, 2002, 12:53pm »

The second half of your story is fairly typical for someone who is treating themselves with shrooms once the CH episode is underway.

The first part about the LSD is interesting too.  My guess is that rather than trigger your episode the LSD was merely ineffective (as far as your CH goes) and the episode would have started at that time regardless.

I have communicated with people for whom LSD and shrooms have both worked.  I have also communicated with people where one of those has made no impact and the other has effected a remission.

In my opinion it MAY be possible for a CH sufferer to bring about an episode by over use of hallucinogens.  This type of phenomenon is not uncommon with drugs whereby excessive use may actually cause the very symptoms the drug is used to treat.  Hallucinogens arte effective against CH because they appear to shock the system out of having them.  It is also conceivable that used frequently they could shock the system into an episode.  Who knows...

If you follow my reasoning, and I've covered this ground a couple of times before, then you'll unmderstand where I'm coming from.  I doubt very much that infrequent use of hallucinogens will result in an episode.  More likely they will simple reset the countdown to the next episode pushing it further into the future.  I think that the risk (if any - and I have no evidence to support this) is from abuse.  Please also note that these are not easy substances to abuse!!!

Flash
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17th, 2002, 11:13pm »

Mitch,

Did you drink alcohol, smoke marijuana, or use any other substances while at the concert?  Just curious.

And how was the concert?

GrinR
IP Logged
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Sep 21st, 2002, 2:55am »

I'm sorry I've been out of town. And then I lost my password.  

IP Logged
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21st, 2002, 4:05am »

Flash, I guess it would make sense that if last year I reset my clock a month maybe two ahead that it would come back ahead of schedule. And maybe the lsd didn't work for me like shrooms have.

Karla, I'm from Austin, Texas. But I sure enjoyed your beautiful state.

Rick,
I did drink some beers but alcohol has never been a trigger for me. No other drugs were taken. The shows were a blast, but just not the same without Jerry. But I have to give Jimmy Hearing credit. He did a wonderful job. It takes big balls to try and fill Jerry's shoes.

OK, last sat. Night I did two grams. Felt the effects very mild. Sun. nothing, no shadows nothing it was heaven. I woke up Monday very congested and with many shadows but nothing broke through. Tue. More shadows but very mild. Wed. Shadows all day, then it broke through at 10pm kip 8. Worked through it.
Thu. No shadows until 2pm then a full on ch coming on and I happened to be at a shop that had 02. I opened up a tank and breathed, and it worked.  Fri. Feel good, nothing all day. I hope I'm through it . Last year I had shadows for a while after taking the shrooms but that faded and my cycle was ended.

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2002, 11:03pm by Flounder » IP Logged
oringkid

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21st, 2002, 12:45pm »

LOL Mitch, cut and paste gone bad!

Just funnin' with ya.

Hope you get some lasting relief!

Sherry
IP Logged
Alfa

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24th, 2002, 3:05am »

on Sep 15th, 2002, 1:50pm, Geotan wrote:
I tried to e-mail you but it was sent back. Hope to chat with you about this. I'm new to CH.com. Where to get it, how to do it are some of the questions we have. Hope someone out there can help! E-mail me at Geotan16@aol.com

I found a reliable source for psilocibin mushrooms: www.sjamaan.com
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #9 on: Sep 24th, 2002, 7:02am »

Many do not recommend purchasing mushrooms through the mail. They are illegal in all US states and most countries. I don't know anything about "sjamaan," but I would be leery of engaging in this.

Instead, purchase the spores to grow your own mushrooms. Spores contain no psilocybin, and are legal to possess in most states (except Georgia and California) and countries.  

Sorry, but for some reson I can't find a link off-hand for spore sources. Try this for info:
http://www.shroomery.org/
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

hippy headaches
« Reply #10 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 7:22am »

It is a well known fact that smiling on a cloudy day may cause the hypothalamoose to malfucktion. Others suggest the optical consumption of nips in tie-dyes cause a premature firing of the trigenital nerve.  

In any case...I hope you learned yer lesson young man.

We caught the concert on the "web".  Cool OOOOOOOO baby!

I was wondering where youv'e been.

Walk in the sunshine
den

(Doesn't it figure that on the rare occassion Den posts under my screen name by mistake...he posts about nips and their effect on the trigenital nerve?? OY VA! - the real G)
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2002, 8:15am by Georgia » IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Starfire3
New Board Newbie

Get Thee Gone Destroyer of Dreams

« Reply #11 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 3:04pm »

spore source:

http://www.fanaticus.com/
IP Logged
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Oct 4th, 2002, 7:50pm »

Hey Den,
Good to hear from you Bro.
I've been through a lot but made it through.

The shows were a blast. Come to think of it, I seem to recall one of those Nips poking me in the left eye while dancing. That must have been the trigger! Shocked
Hope all is well with you.
Mitch
IP Logged
zooie
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 6th, 2002, 7:26pm »

Flash, mitch and others in the know--
a friend just gave me postings from this group and specifically about the use of lsd and liberty cap mushrooms for treating cluster headaches and migraines.

i'm currently going through the worst clycle of headaches i've ever experienced in over 30 years.
feeling very frightened, like my life has been robbed from me, and quite often- like i can't go on.

has been going on for the last 10 months, but recently after a cross-country move, symptoms have increased in frequency, intensity and duration.

i tried to go without medication for 4 months while under the guidance of a master acupuncturist.
although she detoxed me from the meds, i had only very temporary relief from headache pain.
i now fear (after reading the recent TIME cover story on headaches) that not treating the migraines with medication may have actually made me more susceptible to getting headaches that are even harder to treat with medication.

i suffer more from chronic vascular migraine than clusters, but am desperate to try anything.

funny thing is, in my younger days, when taking lsd recreationally, i did not get migraines.

am interested in getting information about acquiring either liberty cap mushrooms or lsd and the appropriate amounts for prevention/cure of migraines.

i am desperate and at the end of my rope.
i'm not sure where or how to begin this process and am looking for help from people who have experience with this.

thank you,
zooie
IP Logged
eileen
New Board Newbie

Be good if you can't be good be careful

« Reply #14 on: Oct 19th, 2002, 8:05am »

Hi I am wondering abut the shrooms.  How many do you take how when?  Should you still trip?  I am wondering because I fell into some and put them away until my clusters come back.  But I am very unsure on what to do with them.  Eileen ???
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 19th, 2002, 1:59pm »

Hi Eileen.
You can find good discussions on this topic by researching the following link:

http://www.a-dzign.com/shrooms/2002.htm

You should especially read the thread under February 2002 titled:  'Important Notes on Mushroom Therapy' by PinkSharkMark.

Check it out.  It's great info.  Very helpful.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #16 on: Oct 20th, 2002, 2:29am »

Trouble!

When you try to click on the link to "Important Notes..." from the link Eyes provided above, this happens:

An Error Has Occured!  

This topic doesn't exist on this board. 1013709016 : 134.

I just bought a new computer, and had been looking for this link.  Anyone know where to find it?

-R
IP Logged
Ueli

Email

Re: Trouble
« Reply #17 on: Oct 20th, 2002, 7:27am »

The broken links are yet another feature of his sophisticated new message board.  Sad
When threads are moved to an archive the URL is changed.  Embarassed
The links on he shroom site will be fixed in the near future, but in  the mean time you can use the following workaround:
Change the URL (in the browser URL input box) of the page showing the error message by adding "archive" so that the cgi?board=meds;action part becomes cgi?board=medsarchive;action.

Ueli
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #18 on: Oct 21st, 2002, 11:38am »

Thanks Ueli.

Here's the direct link for anyone interested:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=medsarchive; action=display;num=1013709016

Peace,

R
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21st, 2002, 11:38am »

Thanks Ueli.

Here's the direct link for anyone interested:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=medsarchive; action=display;num=1013709016

Peace,

R
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss