Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sense of taste »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sense of taste
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sense of taste  (Read 526 times)
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

Sense of taste
« on: Oct 17th, 2002, 8:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been on Topamax 100mg 1 x a day and Medrol dosepack for the last two weeks coming off of a month long bender that has been one of the worst. I found this place , so it wasnt all bad, anyway, here is my problem.  
I cant taste anything, nothing. My tastebuds left me. I have had Medrol a bunch but never the Topamax. At first I didnt think I was going to make it past the side effects of the Topamax, but I think its better, or I am getting to like it, except for not being able to taste anything. You all done this? Do I need a new cook?
My head has not hurt in about two weeks now and I might be willing to make the trade if its forever.
Tasteless in Tennessee,
Mark ;D
IP Logged

Click The Flag
sueellen83
New Board Veteran
USA 

Shoot me and get it over with!!!!!

nsueellen83   nsueellen83
Email

Re: Sense of taste
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 10:12am »

Hey, Mark,

That's Great news about being pain free!!!! Yeah!!!!  Grin  Grin  Grin

I haven't ever takin' Topamax but, I have noticed when I take Prednisone it screws with my taste buds.
Don't know if that's typical or not.

Good luck with being pain free.

Sue Ellen
IP Logged
clavers
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 11:07am »

I took topomax for several months.  It made me insane for three days, destroyed my sense of taste and part of my memory.  I would have been willing to accept all of that if it had worked, but it did not.    
Also from Tennessee.
IP Logged
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 4:37pm »

Hi Mark,

at : www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/topiram_ad.htm

you can find:

Special Senses Other Disorders: Frequent: taste perversion. Infrequent: taste loss, parosmia  

During my bout in 2000 I was taking topiramate for 6 months and wouldn't take it any more, even if there were some positive effects on CH - the negative effects were too bad. Anyhow, I didn't experiance taste loss, but several beverages and dishes changed their taste in a sometimes disgusting way: Soda water tasted like sewage, as one example. All those effects disappeared within a few days, once I stopped taking topiramate.

Thomas

IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18th, 2002, 11:02pm »

I don't think I lost my taste with Topamax....but this thing sent me around the bend, so how would I know?

Actually, even though it bugs a lot of us, it can be a very effective little drug.  Made my ears ring like crazy.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 20th, 2002, 3:19am »

The Medrol is gone and I am afraid the ghosting is back. That is not good.  I am still taking the Topamax but like all of the the other preventive meds I have had it dosent seem to work for me. I have not had a HA, yet,
just some light to medium ghosting. The knot in the back of my neck is getting bigger and tight, and the knot in my stomach is getting bigger. I am starting to get a little anxious. If this spell is not over I am going on 2 1/2 months now. I have not had a HA for about 3 weeks now and with my history I could usually say I was over it, but I have learned there is nothing normal about this shit. I aint gonna panic.
See ya later,
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss