Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:12am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « has anyone had success with epilim »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   has anyone had success with epilim
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: has anyone had success with epilim  (Read 965 times)
goldy

Email

has anyone had success with epilim
« on: Oct 10th, 2002, 5:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have been on pred since april 40mg Dr then added epilim1000mg, this has stopped attacks to 1 at night the reg time 2 hrs into sleep, them do the hot towel with maxalt melts, slowly reducing pred, but still have shadow during day and attack at night, asked for oxygen Dr refuses!! thankfully no headaches during day but , so tired,can't work , any suggestions please.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: has anyone had success with epilim
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2002, 11:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just wanted to say hi and let you know that you'll get some replies soon so stick around. You'll find good O2 advice here.  There are experts on this here.

Just an idea. You'll get more O2 replies on the general board. It will likely be very helpful. Jonny and others are very good at it.  I don't have experience with meds.

Welcome aboard in any case.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
goldy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2002, 1:03am »

Hi Charlie thanks for the advice, have been a sufferer for 3 years full house 8 -9 attacks a day tried so many different meds , I will try the general topics like you have advised. good to know theres someone there.
IP Logged
Lili-Laura
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

Lover of Dogs & Cats

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2002, 4:16am »

Hi  Sounds like you're in South Africa?   Epilim - difficult to say, I used it but was already well into a period, and the epilim takes a few days to start working, so I don't know whether it was the epilim or whether period was finished anyway.  Also, my Dr. suggested it as cronic (full time) which I had a problem with because all those ch free months you take epilim "in case of a headache".  I also take maxalt wafers.   Find the posts by Sven, his "recipe" is excellent.  I showed that to my Dr. who phoned Neuro to confirm and then gave me the script.  I can do without other things, but swear by oxygen!  There were even days that I didn't have maxalt & I used Indocid, which is dirt cheap, but takes longer (it is only an anti-inflamatory, not triptan!).    
As for sleep, that was the worst, once have oxygen, you can deal with attacks better (I also took Ativan which is a mild tranqualiser), but not being able to sleep!  For that I had dormicum (not sure of spelling here).  But even with sleeping tablets some nights didn't sleep at all.   I didn't find any cures here, sorry.
IP Logged

Lili-Laura
goldy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2002, 4:26pm »

Hi lauraLo,  thanks for the reply, I feel the same do not want to continue with the epilim as I think I am approaching quiet spell , although who knows with these things, you mentioned Svens recipe could you point me in the right direction as i'm new to this game. seeing dr next week so this could be useful. before the attacks really came to a head in this last batch I was taking voltarol retard 50mg tds benadryl plus and coproxamol at night and they seemed to keep at bay but dr told me to stop . especially the benadryl and voltarol and the full attacks began , I feel like other topics I have read these ch can be linked somewhere with the seasons thus the antihistime as histimine is one of the problems , so cannot see the logic behind his refusal , I would be pleased with anyone elses comments. got that off my chest! I think frustration of being not understood by your dr is so depressing even when you offer them info from this site.  speak to you soon .
IP Logged
Lili-Laura
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

Lover of Dogs & Cats

« Reply #5 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 12:34am »

Hi Goldie   Sorry for the late reply.  I am working my mm butt off, and don't have internet at home yet, so it's difficult.   Just to let you know, I started a new post asking for Sven's list as I too can't find it.    

How are your headaches?    I am so glad I am not in a cycle now, but thing is, you catch yourself worrying when next one will be.    Also, I want to mention that Prednisone (spelled incorrect perhaps) is cortisone (ditto spelling) and I did pick up weight.   But then, I also stopped smoking which could be why, but just thought I'd mention it to you.

Laura
IP Logged

Lili-Laura
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss