Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « need advice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   need advice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: need advice  (Read 987 times)
visegrip
New Board Newbie

My sympathies

Re: need advice
« Reply #25 on: Oct 16th, 2002, 11:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Dallas,  

I happen to live near Dallas, is that where you are posting from?

Anyway, here's my advice. If your doctor's are "leary"
of prescribing Oxygen to you then please, go to another doctor.  

Don't tell him or her anything about your previous experiences with the doctors you are now using.  

Tell him or her that you are experienceing what you are pretty certain are cluster headaches, and you would like to try a prescription for some O2. I think most level headed general practitioners would be happy to oblige.

Try it for awhile and if it works then you have an ally.

It's relatively safe, free of side effects and inexpensive.

I keep a couple of E tanks on hand. During an episode, one of them is always within a stone's throw.  

Stay well, and don't let anybody in this forum tell you what you have or don't have. Most of them aren't doctors, and even if they were, they wouldn't diagnose you over the web. By the way, "medical" oxygen is expensive. I get mine from welding supply houses. It's the same stuff, and it requires no special adaptor to hook up to a medical regulator. Good luck and God speed.
IP Logged

O2 for ALL, and ALL for O2
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 6:59am »

visegrip,

good advice.  dallasny, thinkin of ya.  Hope it gets betta soon.

lone ranger Wink
IP Logged
dallasny
New Board Newbie

OUCH!!!

dallasbuddy   dallas4uny

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 3:10pm »

thx for the o2 advice, i do want to switch nurologists, but mine just happens to work out of the same office as dr mann. which he is supposed to be one of the top dr's for cluster headaches. his name was listed on one of these sites. might have been headache.com or something. but i will give the o2 a try. by the way i am in new york, weather just drastically changed, might have triggered this round.

thanks again.

dallas
IP Logged

sj
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #28 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 7:09pm »

where in NY?  Anywhere near Manhattan?  Try Dr. Derek Randall (he takes most insurance).  He is a smart man who will listen and work with you.  Last visit I bombed him with info from here ;DHe was very receptive.  he looks kinda like Einstein ;D Shocked  

dallasny, i am in the long island area and have had clusters for 25 years.  If you are nearby or need an ear, please feel free to e-mail me @kimskitchen529@aol.com.   I promise I'll help ya the best I know how.  

Kim Smiley

IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19th, 2002, 12:37pm »

A simple answer is to a simple query.  To begin with all you need do is ask where on KIP this peson IS or WAS.  Why this should be such a pain in the ass I don't know.  Must be geographical.....

C'MON!  Already..... ;D

the hemorroid.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss