Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sven's "recipe" for Goldy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sven's "recipe" for Goldy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sven's "recipe" for Goldy  (Read 308 times)
Lili-Laura
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

Lover of Dogs & Cats

Sven's "recipe" for Goldy
« on: Oct 17th, 2002, 12:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everybody
About 2 months ago, when I (thank God) found this site, Sven was quite a regular.   I told Goldie that Sven has an excellent "recipy", which is what I took to my GP, together with lots other prints from the site, and the meds I was given were very much the same as from his list, except for imitrex which I couln't afford, I was rather given maxalt wafers (also a triptan though).   At the time I needed help, another lady whose name I forgot also gave me a list of what to ask for as we had a problem with the generic names and brand names not known in SA.     Anyway, Goldie asked me to find Sven's advice but I can't get it.   Can someone please guide us?

Also, where is Sven?  

Laura

IP Logged

Lili-Laura
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: Sven's "recipe" for Goldy
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just a cut and paste from Svenn's past posts:

This is what helps me :Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle    
Oxygene alone at 10ltm for 15 minutes or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few secons after that you are almost painfree    
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg    
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 60-40-30-20-10-5mg /daily    

This is the miraclecure for me,but i`m not a doc.just another clusterhead from Norway  

IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
goldy

Email

Re: Sven's "recipe" for Goldy
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2002, 6:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi LauraLo thanks for asking for help on the site, regarding recipe, sorry to here you have been working hard, have received a message with part of the recipe from norway so I can take this to my Dr.   brilliant, have also had a reply back from clinic when sleep was monitored and I have to go for more tests so will take this and other info with me. Only had one attack this week which maxalt stopped pain after 10 mins. No pain during day has allowed me to work hard too. Still think there is a serious link to climate and seasons , same pattern as last year. I have to be very careful when I enter carpet stores warm and cold atmospheres and once the central heating is on high. Thinking about imigrating to the moon.!!!. Thanks for your support keep in touch . goldy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss