Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 12:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ClusterHead Needs Shrooms Now 4 Pain Cycle Break!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   ClusterHead Needs Shrooms Now 4 Pain Cycle Break!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ClusterHead Needs Shrooms Now 4 Pain Cycle Break!!  (Read 423 times)
JC_Lanton

Email

ClusterHead Needs Shrooms Now 4 Pain Cycle Break!!
« on: Nov 15th, 2002, 4:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My Dear Clusta Brothers & Sistahs,

I'm John from the Los Angeles area, and I've been suffering from Cluster Headaches since age 20, (1986, December).  I've done my research on "MAGIC MUSHROOMS" and feel that this is "MY ONLY TREATMENT RECOURSE TO BREAK THE 16 YEARS OF PAIN".  God knows, I wish there was another way, but at this point... I CAN'T EVEN FUNCTION ON A DAY - DAY BASIS ANYMORE 'CAUSE THE PAIN'S TOO DEBILITATING.

I'm unable to work, 'have no insurance, an estranged family that "has never ever understood nor accepted my illness as anything other than simple migranes", and lastly... the O2 is almost out.

My Diagnosis:   Chronic Cluster Headaches

Cycle:  Initially-Every Other Day - 6-9:00 pm; 1.5-2 hours in attack duration, (age 20).  No Remission  

Cycle Shift:  Awakened [At Peak Of Attack] Every Other Night at either 1-2 am, or 4-6 am.  No Remission  

Frequency:  Initially 1 attack, every other day / night.  

Frequency Shift(s):  Subsequently 1 attack daily.  Sometimes 2 attacks daily for most of "any given year" from 1986-present; depending on "mood of the beast".    

Initially Prescribed in 1991:  O2 @ 6 lpm for 15 mins + Vaso dialators + Ergostat 2mg sublingual tabs (Stopped working 15 days after initial diagnosis).  The oxygen was the only thing prescribed that helped relieve the pain.  Also prescribed:  Fiorinol, Depakote, *Sumatriptan in *Imitrex pill form.   NOTE:  *L-Tryptophans DO NOT & WILL NOT WORK FOR ME.  

Last Thursday on the 7th of Nov., I had "five attacks" in "less than 24 hours.  And, this past Tuesday, I had a total of "three" in a 16 hour span.  In Dec. 2001, I came accross a natural remedy consisting of "1 Mineral, 1 Vitamin, and 1 Herb":  

Magnesium 1000+ mgs (Oxide/Glutamate form)  
Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin] 400+ mgs  
Feverfew [Tanacetum Parthenium] 1000 mgs  

After two weeks of saturating my system; I went from daily excruciating hour-long attacks to "Pain Free" / Pain Free with "Shadows", or traces" by the third week in December, with no "significant attacks".  At least until, this past June...   And, THE OXYGEN HAS ALL BUT STOPPED WORKING / ABORTING THE ATTACKS.  

If ANYONE CAN POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, I would greatly & sincerely appreciate it.  THE SOONER I CAN BREAK THE CYCLE OF PAIN; THE BETTER.  

Thanks for listening & for accepting me into the CH.com family, but most of all ... just for being here... AS I AM NO LONGER ALONE WITH THIS!!!  

Sincerely,  

John Lanton  
Los Angeles, CA
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: ClusterHead Needs Shrooms Now 4 Pain Cycle Bre
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2002, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
Initially Prescribed in 1991:  O2 @ 6 lpm for 15 mins + Vaso dialators + Ergostat 2mg sublingual tabs (Stopped working 15 days after initial diagnosis).  The oxygen was the only thing prescribed that helped relieve the pain.

and

THE OXYGEN HAS ALL BUT STOPPED WORKING / ABORTING THE ATTACKS.

try upping the flow rate to 10-12-15LPM  
Sorry you're here......Glad you found us...and GOOD LUCK!!
here's a link that might help:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;acti on=display;num=1035819596
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2002, 4:52pm »

John - sorry to hear you are suffering. When I read your title, I thought you were looking for drugs, not advise. After a read tho, I had a few thoughts. The O2 level you're using is very low. Most use 10-15 lpm with a non rebreather. There's an oxygen primer posted over on the general posts (it may be back a few pages, but you can do a search for it). Also, you didn't mention any preventatives. Verapamil and sometimes mixed with lithium has worked well for many. I use Verapamil by itself and it is very effective at keeping the beast at bay.
Click through the site, buttons on the left and hit the OUCH site also. Tons of great info available, and read, read, read. You'll also find some recommended neuros in your area over on the OUCH site. Find a new one if your current doc isn't getting it done.
Hang tough and I hope you find the right set of meds that work for you. PFDANs
domm
IP Logged
rick
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2002, 2:21am »

John,

Sorry to hear of all this, but let us know if you have ANY questions regarding the shroom therapy.  Have you looked into producing your own shrooms?

Peace,

-Rick
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss