Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 12:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Attn: Mush-Heads »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Attn: Mush-Heads
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Attn: Mush-Heads  (Read 1547 times)
forgetfulnot

Email

Attn: Mush-Heads
« on: Nov 25th, 2002, 6:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I’ve been trying to grow my mushroom experiment for 9 months. Finally got about 6 the other day but if you know anything about it maybe would this would work?

Long grain organic rice, ground fine in a coffee grinder mixed about 1/3 - 2/3 with vermiculite. With enough water to be slightly pasty.

Place in a microwavable plastic wide tapered opening container, nuke at med. for about twenty minuets to sterilize.

Inoculate and hold in an incubator at 86 f. for 2-3 weeks then case in peat with a pearlite base and await the flush with weekly water replacement. In a covered plastic device that allows light in and opened daily for air exchange.

This myco (Sporeworks) bag deal appears to work sometimes but the above is not much more hassle.  

Any comments, ideas or LOL allowed.

thanks, Lee Smiley

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2002, 6:55pm by forgetful » IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Re: Attn: Mush-Heads
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 10:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

...more than you could ever want to know here:

http://home.attbi.com/~rwold350/

GOOD LUCK, starfarer!
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 11:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks not4, BW and I go back a long ways, very good info but my goal is to make it idiot proof so I can do it Roll Eyes

Lee
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2002, 11:54pm by forgetful » IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 3:41pm »

Hi forgetfulnot

The instructions must be pretty simple cos even I can do it!!!! Even when the temperatures are close to freezing.  
I think it's better to buy ground brown rice flour from a health food shop - we can even get it down here! - rather than grind your own which may give variable results. Also follow linx on PF Tek for Simple Minds ( its written like that; I'm not being facetious) on   www.fungifun.com/pf/pf_en.htm
Keeping everything sterile is important.
We don't own a nuke so we used a pressure cooker but
still got contamination in a couple of cakes. I think I was responsible for that tho'.
Good luck
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 3:59pm »

Ditto Brix.  I don't even have a pressure cooker.  I just made up the medium with brown rice flour from the health food store and vermiculite.  Put it in the canning jars, placed them in my roasting pan with water.  Put the lid on and boiled them for a while.  Like sterilizing baby bottles.

No comtamination in any of the cakes and they all fruited.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss