Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A totally natural treatment »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   A totally natural treatment
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A totally natural treatment  (Read 1752 times)
ave

Email

A totally natural treatment
« on: Dec 27th, 2002, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Try and search Margi's list, where you'll find a variety of non-medical and natural methods to combat cluster pain and sometimes even stop an attack in its tracks.

They worked for some, some of the time. But if you want (or need) to go natural, every little helps.

Go to the OUCH site (button on the left of this page).
Click on Cluster Help, then on cluster resources.

IP Logged
terrylch
New Board Newbie

Re: A totally natural treatment
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 6:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi ave,
I don't think the people who visit this website are interested in anything simple.  It seems they are looking for an expensive drug or something complicated.  If you were to post a   "new drug found"  you would probably get thousands of hits.  I don't mean to be critical and am new on here so I shouldn't be saying this.
bye,  terry chancey
IP Logged

terry
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2002, 7:36pm »

An 'expensive drug' or 'new found drug'?  For me I prefer something that is affordable, has minimal side effects, but also works.  Some clusterheads are willing to take risks and put forth significant effort to find an affordable drug.  But it must also be one that works.

http://home.attbi.com/~rwold350/

http://www.geocities.com/ClusterBusters2002

Terry, please don't be turned off by the amount of healthy skepticism you may notice on this MB.  As you know, CH is a strange disorder that is not easy to manage.  Many clusterheads are absolutely frustrated with thier situation, and rightly so.  Some inexpensive simple treatments (like that listed above) eventually gain support through persistence and effectiveness... but not without alot of heated debate.  If you have found something that works, then stick to your guns and don't worry too much about what others may say.  But also don't be discouraged if others don't have the same level of success with a particular treatment.  We're all in this together.  If you have cluster headaches, then we need you here.

Now, I'm going to admit to something... I have been having the so-called 'painless CH' for the past 2 months, but I still can get nasty shadows and other CH symptoms.  Lately I've noticed that if I drink HUGE amounts of water I THINK I can shorten my shadowtimes (Thanks Margi, your Water X 3 is still benefitting some).  As soon as I get the first hint of shadows, I drink 3 or 4 pints of water (and then some more a bit later).  Some days I have to do that a couple of times a day (that's in addition to my normal fluid intake).  Folks, that's a hell of a lot of water.  I'm not certain it's the water (maybe my shadowtimes are just getting shorter).  After I do that, I notice I get the 'post-CH chill' like some of you get with the imitrex.  I don't know if it will work on a full blown CH... LOL, I am skeptical.

I just don't know much.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
ave

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 5:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Terry, a great many people here are specifically looking for something different. I just wanted to direct their attention to the OUCH site and the OUCH list of "natural" cluster resources.

I hope you don't think we all come here for miracle drugs or expensive/addictive pain killers. In the time I have been here the  need for less meds in the system predominates. But then, what do I know, I have only been on this board,  what, two years? Like Eyes said - wish I could make that smiley!
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 10:44am »

Terry, I disagree with you.  Many people here cannot afford the drugs.  If you dont have insurance they can be extremely expensive. When you are desperate for help you are willing to try just about anything.  I believe Ave was just trying to be helpful to some of the newbies around. You recently posted a thread about applying pressure, if you think people are not interested in anything simple then why did you post that? Just curious, I mean no harm.
(Ave, your here 2 years and cant make a smiley?  ;D
Just kiddin....LOL)

suzy
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2002, 10:57am by suzy617 » IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
RobinT
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 12:47pm »

Hi.  New here.  I have started (again) w/CH.  I have been in remission for almost 6 years.  It took me a full year (7 yrs ago) to get to the right doctor to be diagnosed.  My CH's occur in my check area and I always thought it was my teeth.  By the time I finally reached a Nuero, I was almost in remission.  Silly me not realizing it could (and would) resurface in my life.  I thought whatever happened to me was in the past and never did any research on the submit.  

The first CH I had was a month after giving premature birth.  In the hospital I was given numerous medications (including intra-v magnesium sulphate).

For the last year, I have been on/off various depression medications (for PMMD and stress).  The last two caused hives that lasted a month.  It seems with the allergey medication/withdrawing from medication has caused all types of side affects and somehow I think triggered my cluster headaches (again).

I would like to try alternative methods to abort/prevent my CH's as I think I've just had way too many meds in my system this last year.

I am going to try the water therapy (however, this is difficult as even after the CH, I am sore, throbbing pain in my upper jaw/teeth area, which makes it difficult to eat/drink).  I am also going to focused on extreme exercise.

After catching an interesting show on TV today, I am also going to try mineral replacement beginning with coral calcuim.  It seems as though this can help the body become healthy in many different areas.

Any one have any thoughts regarding hormones or medication allergies triggering CH's?
IP Logged

Who's pain is normal any way?
terrylch
New Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 1:52pm »

Suzy,
I apologize for my crude remark.  It was my reaction to having only one person ask questions regarding a pressure point and seeing 40 people asking about drugs.  I realize this might not work for all but it seems it should work for a few.  I promise to hold my tongue from now on.  I have been trying to get a CH for over a week now but as usual I can make them go away.  I wish you all success in any method you find that works.
Love and prayers,   terry
IP Logged

terry
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

suzy617
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 1:58pm »

Hi and wecome Robin. Recently both these subjects have been brought up about the hormones and meds triggering CH. I think you can find them by clicking onto search (above to the right) I know, myself that hormones do not play a role for me. I have had CH premenopausal, postmenopausal, pregnant, and now on hormone replacement pills and they still come rolling around once a year no matter what. You'll find alot of interesting talk about these subjects in here if you care to pull up your chair and do some researching. I also would suggest that you post this in the General Message Board where more people view the posts.
Wishing you pain free days,
suzy
IP Logged

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

suzy617
Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 28th, 2002, 2:09pm »

Terry, Dont apoligze, I didnt have my coffee yet when I read your post.  Wink  I will try your method next time in cycle. I think more people ask about drugs because they are hoping to find a miracle cure because as myself before I came onto this board, I knew very little about CH, almost as little as the Dr's do and like I said when your so desperate in pain you will try anything. I was kinda hoping that when I started reading these posts I would find the miracle drug that would end them for good.  Maybe someday though, eh?
Pain free days to you,
suzy
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 2:56pm »

Terry,

No offense, but I think people on this site will take what ever works.  PERIOD.  Whether it's simple, natural, prescribed, expensive, etc......

I have NO prescriptions right now (long story there), and I have printed off every natural fix on this site.  And I am using them every damn day and night.  I'm chronic...so this isn't going to stop.  

There are quite a few who cannot take the meds...due to side effects.  They rely on only the natural fixes.  

So unless you've walked a few fucking miles in everyones shoe.....NO....you shouldn't be critical.

If they posted a new drug on here that worked...I'd sure as hell read it.  I might even sell my firstborn to buy the damn drug.

R

IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
kimmyv1966
New Board Newbie

Peace!

kimmyv1966
Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 9:05pm »

Robin...

I read your post and have to say that u are the first person who i have come across who has CH's in the same manner as I do...i thought it was my teeth, tmj, etc.
wouldnt mind talking with you sometime.  my ch's are chronic...zomig seems to take the pain for about 24 to 48 hours.  also like you, my headaches started after the birth of my daughter 7 years ago (back then i blamed it on sinus infections or poleps, deviated septums...blah blah blah). pc, neuro and e.n.t. all in agreement of CH.  my longest period of no ch's was this past summer...coincedental of no alcohol use at that time...alcohol being a definate trigger.
please be in contact, mabey between the two of us we could figure something out.

and roxy....being chronic also...all i have to say to u is RIGHT ON.

KimmyV
IP Logged

I'm on a train, but there's no one at the helm.
And there's a demon in my brain starts to overwhelm. And there it goes, my last chance for peace. I lay me down, but get no release...
(3b)
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss