Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 7:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « NYC ClusterHeads »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   NYC ClusterHeads
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NYC ClusterHeads  (Read 2172 times)
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

primary chronic since 1999

NYC ClusterHeads
« on: Feb 10th, 2004, 6:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone interested in getting together just to meet other people with clusters?  

There should be about 8,000 ClusterHeads in NYC at the rate of 1 per 1000, plus others in the metropolitan area.  Surely there are three or four others who would like to meet another ClusterHead.  

Please post here or private message me.

Thomas
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2004, 5:51pm by t_h_b » IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

Re: NYC ClusterHeads
« Reply #1 on: Feb 29th, 2004, 8:43pm »

hey ya thomas, has anyone in nyc contacted you about this? I was interseted if some clusterheads was meet up once in a blue... i think its a great idea and since nyc has so many people im sure we are not the only ones.. For anyone else out there in NYC lets see some support..   Grin
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 2:32am »

I'm not in NY.....but just wanted to say.....keep this thread going !!!!!!

You will NEVER experience anything better than meeting a brother or sister CH sufferer or supporter.

This board brings people together from all over the world.   Friendships that will last a lifetime are right here.

Good luck to you THB......keep up the good work, sweetie.   This is a great start for the thrill of a lifetime!

Best wishes to you.....

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 4:07pm »

***'scuse me, oops, pardon me, ow, sorry***

HI.  Grin

Just wanted to lend you a little help with some names of people in NYC who might want to get in on this:

suzy617
kim
justin
cbolony

Hmmm... I know there are more.. just have a bad memory, or I don't know 'em well.  

So, this is a little push.  You all know this is a good thing.  C'mon and get busy.  

Pep
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 1st, 2004, 5:40pm »

Thanx Peppermint..I would hope some of us can get together sometime. Im pretty new to this and Im sure there are some veterans that can help a newbie like myself and others out there.  
    SO TO ALL THE NYC CLUSTERSHEADS "LETS JOIN FORCES AND WHIP THE BEASTS ASS!"  bigguns
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:15pm »

EL, this site is the only place I have ever encountered another ClusterHead.   It was such a sense of relief--a very emotional moment--when I first found it.

I wanted to go to the convention this year and last year but couldn't work it out.  

We should definitely get a group together and if we can't come up with any other ClusterHeads we could start with just the two of us.  

If there's no one else here out of the potential 8,000, maybe when the NJ/PA group meets we could hop a train.  

Also, if we do start a group for occasional get togethers I will see if my neuro would let some other ClusterHeads know about it.  

Don't think I've run into any of the posters Pep mentioned but I'll be on the lookout.  And thanks for your encouragement, Jean. It really would mean a lot to me just to meet someone else in person who understands this.  (No one but a ClusterHead could even understand that only a ClusterHead could understand.)

EL, let's keep this going as Jean suggested and we should eventually pick up a couple of other locals.
IP Logged

No, it's not a headache--it's a Stage Ten Primary Chronic Periodic Idiopathic Trigeminovascular Cephalalgic Crisis.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:41pm »

t_h_b

If you and El don't get any hits on your post....you 2 get together by all means.

Get with Randy (Mr. Happy) or Ozzman....they head up the pa-nj chapter.  They would be more than happy to have you guys meet up with them.

Keep up the good work!!!    Kiss

PF vibes,

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:44am »

Hey THB , sounds great.. I hope this post being on the t op of the list will have some other nyc lurkers to come forward and get together with others. I wouldnt mind taking a bus down to the nj group if the day is right. Also I wanted to ask you for a recommendation of a good neuro that deals with clusters in the nyc area. Any help would do..
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 6:57pm »

Jean, ideally we should eventually be able to form a NYC or NY OUCH chapter.  I'm thinking ten or twelve people would be sufficient.

EL, I PM'd you about the neuro.
IP Logged

Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:06pm »

Hey people.

Ok, I can get in touch with Kim and Suzy for sure.  I'll give them the 411 and point them in your direction.

So far, Suzy and I made the trip out to PA-NJ.  Since NY is still small on participation (maybe now not for long Smiley ), you guys might just gather together for the next trip out to meet with the PA-NJ'ers.  Atlantic City was interesting.   Grin

Suzy and I drove over last time.  If that happens again, you might not have to only hop the local MTA for the trip out, depending where you are in the city.  

Randy and Ozz are the ones to contact as Jean said.  They can add you to the email listing and notify when the next meeting comes up.  At the very least, you'll get some info on starting a chapter, at best, you'll meet other Ch'ers and well, get something happening here.  

Looks good all 'round.  

Pep Wink

IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 11:26am »

Hey all again. Wanted to see if I can get a head count of all the nyers out there.. Maybe even a brief "get to know you".. Want to know more about my neighbors and what they are going threw.(whos in cycle, whos not,etc)
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 6:54pm »

EL, I'm chronic, so I'm ALWAYS in cycle, always always always, but I've got them under control, at least for the time being.  CH is sneaky so you can only be sure of the past and present and I never try to predict the future with CH.
IP Logged

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 1:00pm »

Ok I'm a New Yorker.  Staten Island.  I'd be interested in a get together for sure.  Also like Pep said, you might want to hop a ride for the next NJ/PA meeting.
Yes Pep, AC was fun too.  Grin

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 10:07am »

Suzy, that makes three of us--that would constitute a gathering.
IP Logged

justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 7th, 2004, 1:26pm »

hey all,

i'm down to meet up anytime anywhere. as some of you may know i am working on a documentary about people with clusterheadaches. i will be posting today in the general section more about the documentary. but i would love to meet some of you and talk about your experiences. if anyone is willing to talk on camera after that we could arrange something. but mostly it would be great to talk face to face. if you'd like me to arrange a meeting i could do that. email me at justin.ott@verizon.net. i'll put a message together with a compilation of everyones email and we can start suggesting times and places. be well and pain free all!

j
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
EL
New Board Newbie
USA 

NYC in the hisssouse!!!

« Reply #15 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 1:08pm »

Hey There Justin, Sounds like a great idea.. Its good to have someone trying to educate the world on our lovely affiction.. You can count me in to any meeting and Im sure  the people above wouoldnt mind either. Im still trying to get a consensus of all the NYC heads on the site. Thats the reason for the thread.I hope all of us will come out of the shadows.  Grin
IP Logged
t_h_b
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #16 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 6:58pm »

on Mar 8th, 2004, 1:08pm, EL wrote:
Hey There Justin, Sounds like a great idea.. Its good to have someone trying to educate the world on our lovely affiction.. You can count me in to any meeting and Im sure  the people above wouoldnt mind either. Im still trying to get a consensus of all the NYC heads on the site. Thats the reason for the thread.I hope all of us will come out of the shadows.  Grin

Ditto.
IP Logged

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #17 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 7:13am »

Just a thought but you might want to start a thread about this on the general discussion board.  I think alot more people will see it over there.
C'mon New Yorkers...speak up...  Wink

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 11:40am »

ok, i'm moving this disucussion over the general board under the same subject.

j
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:06am »

hey all nyc clusterheads

keep emailing me so i can put a group email together. then we can all agree on a time and place to meet up in NYC. hopefully end of april or beginning of May.

Justin

jdo201@yahoo.com
IP Logged

bang_my_head
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #20 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 10:19pm »

Hello it's nice to know im not the only one  
 in n.y. that lives whith ch.I'm in a bad cycle now  
  I hate it "scared of losing my job. gonna try prednisone again
    still moving  

Long island ny
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #21 on: Jun 26th, 2004, 11:31am »

Name the time and place!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
dave_in_nj
New Board Newbie
USA 

saintinthecity  

« Reply #22 on: Jul 13th, 2004, 8:48pm »

Sounds great...count me in. I work in midtown and live in NJ. I'm in the middle of a realy shitty cluster so bring your O2 tanks... Wink
IP Logged

Anybody got a spare hypothalamus?
kimh
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

What don't kill ya makes ya stronger

Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 25th, 2004, 9:22am »

Checkin in from Centerport, Long Island.  Sorry took so long to respond to this - was out of town, just getting caught up here. Smiley  Count me in!
IP Logged
Charlie M
New Board Newbie
USA 

laugh and the world laughs with you

Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:58am »

I'm very intrested in any meeting. I live on long island Merrick to be exact. hope to meet soon
IP Logged

IN ORDER TO ENJOY THE SUN WE HAVE TO EXPERENCE THE RAIN
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss