Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 4:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Central Florida? Orlando? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Central Florida? Orlando?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Central Florida? Orlando?  (Read 788 times)
cjc68
New Board Newbie
USA 

The beast always looses in the end!

christopherjc68  

Central Florida? Orlando?
« on: Oct 6th, 2005, 5:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone thought about a Central FLorida Meet and Greet? It would really be nice to meet another C/H survivor in person!

Chris
IP Logged
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

Re: Central Florida? Orlando?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 9th, 2005, 11:46pm »

we have talked to a couple of people about getting together here in Fla, but nothing came of it would love to have one here, we are willing to help or what ever we acn do to get one going for here, Orlando is a pretty city & alot to do there!!  
Thanks Jolene & Charlie
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 7:27am »

on Oct 9th, 2005, 11:46pm, sassy_lady wrote:
we have talked to a couple of people about getting together here in Fla, but nothing came of it would love to have one here, we are willing to help or what ever we acn do to get one going for here, Orlando is a pretty city & alot to do there!!  
Thanks Jolene & Charlie

Ya, we talked to a few people from Florida about meeting, but nobody ever got back into contact with us..  

Tampa and/or Orlando are really nice Bigger cities that would be good and are only a few hrs distance apart and lots to do...  

Tampa has: Busch Gardens & Adventure Island (Waterpark), MOSI, Mic Dill Air Force Base..

Orlando has: Univelsal Studio's, Universal City Walk, Universal Island's of Adventure, SeaWorld.. about 100 different Dinner Shows, Ripily's .... all kinds of stuff..  

But with a little bit of direction from people who have hosted one before and we would be willing to try...  

It all depends on the Feedback we get...  

God Bless & PFDAN's
Charlie & Jolene
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 10:58am »

Y'all have to do what we do up here in the Carolinas.  We pick a date, and a place, and then post it.

Don't wait for a concensus, or it will never happen.

Dates to watch out for: big game weekends; the holidays, between Thanksgiving and Christmas; and anything big happening the weekend you pick.

Also NEVER let the fear of getting hit, while there stop you.  Or the fear that you are in cycle.  NO ONE is going to understand and accept the hit, like a group of clusterheads.  You NEED to set this up.  Many of us have said it, and I will say it again, There is nothing like meeting another clusterhead!!

Get off your asses, and set a date.  You never know, I might even show up!  I need some fresh butts to grab !!  haha!!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
cjc68
New Board Newbie
USA 

The beast always looses in the end!

christopherjc68  

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 3:12pm »

Hey! count me in!.....I am already here!...10 min. from Mickey!, 20 min. from Universal!, and 60 min. from Busch Gardens

PFDAN to All!
Chris
IP Logged
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 8:35pm »

ok will check out some hotels & price & see what we can get & check on a hall or something!! will start working on it, I am thing the last week of April or the 1st week of May!! people start leting me know!!!! or if some one can give me a better date!!
Thanks & PF Wishes to all !!
Lots of love & Prayers Jolene
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 9:44pm »

Jolene,

I am only offering a suggestion...pick a hotel in the area you wish to meet.   Whoever lives the closest, have them go by and check things out.   From experience I would say that you need a hotel with a bar...with nice comfy seating arrangements.   When I met up with Tracey, Steve, Edna and Barb in New Orleans in 2003, the hotel had seating areas strategically placed all thru the lobby.    The areas were very private, comfy, and the barmaid tended these areas to take orders for drinks and food.

This arrangement works very well, and you can save the $$ you would spend on renting a place.    

Scout out the hotels...make sure of their smoking policy and their hours.   Find a place with "Happy Hour"....

Let them know you will be using their space for hours or days...LOL...whichever applies.

Ideally it would be great if you find a nice hotel, reasonable rates, good food, and good service.   If one or more of you rent a room for the night....you can always retreat to the hotel room when the bar closes.

You can never put a time limit on meeting a CH'er....LOL.

Good luck to you guys...and remember to take lots of pictures...   Huh

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 4:50pm »

Thanks Jean,
still looking into things, I'm also looking for tiki bars outside, alot of nice hotels here.. we're looking more in to the tampa area, it's also not far from orlando, not getting good prices yet., I'm think of calling a friend of my who deals in seting these things up & see if she can help me out!!  
Thanks again, & God bless you & yours !!!  
Love Jolene
IP Logged
..Danielle..
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Water and ice are my friends

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 2:08am »

I'm probably not a real drawing card, but i'll be in Orlando in February  ! 4th to the 11th. Friends have given us access to their condo near Disney. First big trip out of Canada ! If nothing else, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks from the area.  

Danielle -From Saskatchewan, Canada
IP Logged

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. -Helen Keller
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 11:06pm »

on Nov 5th, 2005, 2:08am, high_commander wrote:
I'm probably not a real drawing card, but i'll be in Orlando in February  ! 4th to the 11th. Friends have given us access to their condo near Disney. First big trip out of Canada ! If nothing else, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks from the area.  

Danielle -From Saskatchewan, Canada

I would Love to get together & meet with you, I'll im u my # !!
Jolene
IP Logged
carriefu
New Board Veteran
USA 

cfloram@yahoo.com   cfloram@aol.com
Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22nd, 2006, 9:52pm »

do the otown people ever meet...i live in east otown
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss