Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 6:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Convention Attendance »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Nashville 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Convention Attendance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Convention Attendance  (Read 15002 times)
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

Re: Convention Attendance
« Reply #150 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 5:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've seen that little blonde girl with the California accent in action with a pool stick.  I had the pleasure of taking the caaah to the baaah with her.  Grin
HOPING you dont need it but lets play safe and pack a clean bar rag next time.  Wink
I'm going to try my best to make it this year but will have to wait to see what fate has in store for me.

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #151 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 1:04pm »

Since this a convention thread, I'll explain what Suzy is talking about & in doing so, give all you people who have never attended a convention a little insight into a small part of what goes on at one.

NEW YORK.  Circa, 2003

Several of us wanted to go into town to shoot some pool, so we get in Billy's "caah" (NY accent thing) and drive to town.

We shoot a few games of partners and I get hit.  Billy goes bounding for the 02 which was in his car and I head for the restroom with Suzy on my heals.  While 'm fumbling with my Trex,  I ask her to get my some ice in a towel from the bartender.  While she's dong that a woman comes into the restroom just as I'm hitting an 8 or 9.   My head is touching base with the stall doors and I hear a "OMG...are you ALL RIGHT!!"  from this woman.

I can't answer her at the time, so she says it again and very quickly exits the restroom, forgetting why she came in, in the first-place.

So now Suzy is back with the ice and I'm doing better.  I walk around with the ice against my head for a while and it's only later after I'm back to normal, that I look at the rag the bartender gave her.  It was the filthy towel they had been using all night to clean up the bar. Cig. ashes, spilled alcohol, and what-ever else I don't think I want to know.    
We have been laughing at that night ever since.  

Like everyone has already said. Meeting another clusterhead in person is the best.  I had never met Suzy or Billy before that.  They are now part of my life.

LindaH

P.S. and the only way Jayne is going to beat me is if I get hit again like that in the middle of the game.  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Jeepgun

Email

« Reply #152 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 1:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A friend of mine brought me some ice in a clean towel once. I feel so cheated....  Grin
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #153 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 1:45pm »

I am SO sorry we went and missed the bah hop.....we had decided to try a lill fishin out front of the resort on that cement pier while we had the time. Brad was yakkin to some guy on vacation and I cast out into the water.......but.....the entire pole went out into the water. All I was left holding was the reel ! So much fer fishin......and I sure looked stupid tryin to get Brad's attention with nothin but a reel in my hand. Opps I lost my pole Pam  

NY was one memorable occation !!!! I had a friggin BLAST and the ch'r gang there is the reason why !  Smiley
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Neslodine

Email

« Reply #154 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 3:27pm »

I am in Maine and new but can I come?  I want t learn what I cna about the headaches.  Do you do anything besides party?

That sounds mean what I wrote.  Can I learn somethign about clusters at this convemntion?  It is a ouch convention?  or is it just a meeting where you party and stuff.  I like to party too but we don't get much good informaiton on clusters in northern maine.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2004, 3:30pm by Neslodine » IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #155 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 5:33pm »

No dude it isn't jus one big party.....there is a routine with speakers and stuff and info....alot of people don't drink but we all jus JOKE about it......you know how us party'rs are..........that's all WE think about ! (jus jokein) Heck we had some set and play guitars and harmonica's and even sing a little jam session hang around sit around freindly deal at nite. It was laid back and cool....but there is a SERIOUS side of it all too. Ya'd need to register and then book your room at the hotel. I think the link to register in in this thread early on ? Hope ta see ya there. Pam that's onea the party'rs with a serious side ta boot
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

jonny

Email

« Reply #156 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 5:54pm »

Dont let Cootie fool you.....She got me drunk and while I was passed out she took my pants down and filled them with disgusting beer tabs. These people are crazy and I think Cootie is their leader, shes an evil, evil woman to do that to me. Im going to call the FCC and see if they can censore Cottie like they are doing Howard Stern.

Pam,......You molested me!!!!....WAHHHHH!!!!  Cry

................................................jonny Grin
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #157 on: Apr 16th, 2004, 11:53pm »

on Apr 16th, 2004, 5:54pm, jonny wrote:
Dont let Cootie fool you.....She got me drunk and while I was passed out she took my pants down and filled them with disgusting beer tabs. These people are crazy and I think Cootie is their leader, shes an evil, evil woman to do that to me.

Man, you sure ain't kiddin about that Cootie chick.  She can drink beer like a bass in spawn mode, belch with a bellow, and still stand upright in front of the alter of Virgins. As far as the beer tabs, and a strange hand in yer pants goes....

Best wishes,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #158 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 9:05pm »

Hey, I've forgotten to ask.  This is my first convention.  Are there speakers, doctors, etc. lined up to listen too.  If so who, and if someone can print a little background on them, that would certainly fuel my excitement a little more.  
  I am not familiar with any noted medical professionals who are willing to speak but have read in the past of some interesting speakers.  
  I think Atlanta had the meegraine pronouncing dr. (sorry, name eludes me) and Vancouver had Dr. Robinson I think.  Any names and background of this years enlightenment would be appreciated.  I would be very interested in hearing about someone who is so pro clusters as to speak to us.

Thank you to those who respond.  Getting to see some fellow clusterheads is really appealing enough to bring me out of my cave but the I would be interested to know the person or persons and their background who have been contacted and have agreed to and are willing to focus our attention on what they have to say.

Thanking all involved in organizing this for us.

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:35pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #159 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:31pm »

Kevin,    Last yrs. convention speakers were Lori Choyce, RN   and Marcelo Bigal, Neurologist.   You couldn't find 2 more knowledgable speakers, or 2 more dedicated to helping us.

I am not certain if they will be in Nashville or not.  Cat would be the one to tell you that.

LindaH

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #160 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Thanks Linda,

It's hard for me to get the correct info on speakers at previous conventions as it seems my attention has been on the pictures and the invigorating comments from the attendees afterwards.  

I know Catlind is very tied up now and will be very busy when she gets back but I am sure she has done a good job for us this year and I am looking forward to hear who has been invited and accepted to speak.  This year seems like an interestingly promising possible line up which has stirred my anticipation.

Thank you Linda H

Kevin M
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #161 on: Apr 17th, 2004, 11:05pm »

Hiya Kevin,
I know that the "aftermath" of the conventions are lots of pics but on this page of ouch "gatherings page" the last 2 convention links has the actual convention REPORT there to read.

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/conventions/index.htm

Have a blast, Smiley
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #162 on: Apr 18th, 2004, 12:07am »

Yeah jonny.....that's what ya get for wantin ta play priest meets alterboy......Blahhhhhh-ha-ha-ha.......nothn like  good ole roll playin from time to time. Watch out Happy.....yer next.......Brad has big plans for you....he mumbled sumthin about body pierceing.  Grin  Pam that was taught to drink and belch with the rest by the BEST    me&mb
IP Logged

BruceD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got Atrium?

Email

« Reply #163 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 11:23am »

Shocked Yikes, and I thought Davenport was bad with just a few tatoos, now poor ol' Mr. Happy is gonna have holes where holes weren't meant to be  Grin

I sure can't miss something like that ... count us in.

See you in Nashville
BruceD
IP Logged

Childhood is short, maturity is forever. (The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #164 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 1:22pm »

wait just a second here....

Mr. Happy?  Please get your head out of those speakers you put  on your back for a second here. They are making you ca..razy!

Cootie(Pam) is nothing like what you are portraying here.

My impressions of her and her husband.  They are both actually SHY people.   Yes, he plays a VERY mean harp...and they both ride Harleys..and yes, she has Tattoes all over....and yes, they drink beer, but you're acting like they were Different from the rest of us...LindaH

P.S. Jest look-in out fer ya Pam.

IP Logged

Neslodine

Email

« Reply #165 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 4:31pm »

I'm sorry for all the questions, but is this a non profilt organization for helping cluster headache stuff?  I'd like that my doctor knows very littel about them.  Did you know you can do fundaraising and have speakers at conventions?  All I am reading abotu here is partying and stuff...I am not being mean I just want to understnad what is happening since doctors and peope with money will give.  I dont know.  Am I wrong?
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #166 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 4:42pm »

Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #167 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 4:48pm »

on Apr 19th, 2004, 4:31pm, Neslodine wrote:
I'm sorry for all the questions, but is this a non profilt organization for helping cluster headache stuff?  I'd like that my doctor knows very littel about them.  Did you know you can do fundaraising and have speakers at conventions?  

1.  Yes the convention we are talking about is for cluster headache information and meeting.

2.  Yes we know about the fundraising and speakers.  If you have visited the OUCH website, you'd know we already have these things in place.

Quote:
All I am reading abotu here is partying and stuff

You had already commented this before, and someone answered you, and yet you still claim to think the convention is just partying... I guess I just don't get what you are implying?

Quote:
I am not being mean I just want to understnad what is happening since doctors and peope with money will give.  I dont know.  Am I wrong?

I'm sorry, I cannot answer this question because I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about here.  Perhaps if you re-worded the question??

Thanks,
Smileymel
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #168 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 5:09pm »

No Neslodine the convention is NOT jus partyin......you don't have to be a partyier to attend.....good sense of humor will help tho ! It's a big family reunion.....some drink some don't........some are crazy some aren't........some talk some are quiet....stuff like that. Oh and there's Mr. Happy that's in alot of trouble.......ha-ha-ha-ha.......he's gonna get beer tabbed but good.   Wink Grin  Smiley Pam have tabs will travel....two tabs are better then one !!
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #169 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 11:18pm »

I have to show up now that I guess sweet Edna and my Viking friend and family will be coming. All I needed was little push this year. I'm hard to pin down when it comes to making plans. Help me find the cheapest tickets. I don't know which thing to search.  

Guess I'll be among the living there.  Smiley

Charlie
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2004, 11:18pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Melissa

Email

« Reply #170 on: Apr 21st, 2004, 11:36pm »

Charlie, if you don't care about flight times, go through Hotwire or Priceline.

I have usually always found the best price otherwise on Orbitz.com

Glad to hear your coming!  I'm sure you'll hide from me the WHOLE time! Grin

love ya!
Smileymel
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #171 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 6:37pm »

WTF is with Hotwire and Priceline....."We will tell you the times after you buy".......WTF is up with that?

Unfucking real, I flew to Nashville, Vancouver, Phoenix non-stop.....all of these sites now want you to make a two hour trip into six hours....AHHHHHHHH

Fly from Boston to Chicago to get to Nashville?......AHHHHHHH

Fuck me sideways

CHRIST!

What kills me is the longer the flight the more $ they want....BASTARDS

.............................jonny
IP Logged
captdshea
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #172 on: Apr 23rd, 2004, 10:44pm »

Jonny said  < Roll Eyes>

calibou Me.
IP Logged

"Seek knowledge and truth"
"Respect divergent points of view"
BruceD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got Atrium?

Email

« Reply #173 on: Apr 24th, 2004, 11:24am »

on Apr 23rd, 2004, 6:37pm, jonny wrote:

Fly from Boston to Chicago to get to Nashville?......AHHHHHHH
.............................jonny

Never ... and I say NEVER intentionally fly through O'Hare. That is one of the most messed up airports around now. They're hemmed in by the city and have far too many planes & far too few runways. Last month I flew through Chicago to DC & with all the "intentional delays" I had an extra 5 hours tacked onto my trip. THey're intentionally delaying flights coming in to clear up airspace in Chicago. I'd rather fly through Detroit.  Grin

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a better route to Nashville.

See ya' there
BruceD
IP Logged

Childhood is short, maturity is forever. (The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes)
Melissa

Email

« Reply #174 on: Apr 24th, 2004, 12:27pm »

Jonny, do you have your fucking tickets yet???  Are you still pissed off?  sheesh

Come on you big man, relax!!!  Even if you get a flight that layovers in San Diego, the trip would still be worth it!! Wink

Smileymel

And Bruce, I still think Atlanta's more fucked up than O'Hare.  Nothing will ever convince me different until I actually hit another airport I can't stand.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss