Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 11:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Convention Attendance »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Nashville 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Convention Attendance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Convention Attendance  (Read 14996 times)
jonny

Email

Re: Convention Attendance
« Reply #75 on: Feb 25th, 2004, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Please come and watch, Norm......I'll hang him over a balcony Grin

................................jonny
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #76 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 12:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Which might be kinda hard to do, at the same time you are "Mooning" the rest of us.    Wink

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
thomas

Email

« Reply #77 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 1:17pm »

on Feb 25th, 2004, 7:06pm, jonny wrote:
Please come and watch, Norm......I'll hang him over a balcony Grin

................................jonny

Dude, you're my bro. and all, but I've got Hap's back too,  wtf am gonna do about all this......... hmmmmmmmmm oh I'll just show up after it's all over with....... then I can just lmao.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #78 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 11:48pm »

I jus hate it when people get stuck in my hair....and I refuse to wear pig tails Pam  Grin
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #79 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 1:25pm »

Ok, I am torn here. Sad  It's going to cost me $500 for the airplace tickets, hotel room and registration fee.  That doesn't include money for eats, drinks and souvenirs. (I HAVE to get souvenirs!!)  Anyhow, we do have the money to send me there, but I am not sure if I want to spend such a large amount.  BTW, that figure is through Priceline even!  *sigh*  I was thinking about driving, but hubby said no way, if you're going to go, you're gonna fly there.  Guess that leaves driving out.  I am no good with spending money on myself.  For example, I was going to spend $600 for online schooling to obtain my Administrative Certificate.  Well, that's not going to happen, because I decided on enrolling my daughter in Karate, which cost $800 for a full year.  I'd rather it be spent on my kids than on me.  I must just be a lost cause... Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 3:59pm »

Melissa...you are not spending this money on YOU.  You are spending it on a GIFT for all of US so that we can SEE you and give you a HUG!!

so there,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
thomas

Email

« Reply #81 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 6:34pm »

on Feb 28th, 2004, 1:25pm, Melissa wrote:
Ok, I am torn here. Sad  It's going to cost me $500 for the airplace tickets, hotel room and registration fee.  That doesn't include money for eats, drinks and souvenirs. (I HAVE to get souvenirs!!)  Anyhow, we do have the money to send me there, but I am not sure if I want to spend such a large amount.  BTW, that figure is through Priceline even!  *sigh*  I was thinking about driving, but hubby said no way, if you're going to go, you're gonna fly there.  Guess that leaves driving out.  I am no good with spending money on myself.  For example, I was going to spend $600 for online schooling to obtain my Administrative Certificate.  Well, that's not going to happen, because I decided on enrolling my daughter in Karate, which cost $800 for a full year.  I'd rather it be spent on my kids than on me.  I must just be a lost cause... Roll Eyes

Drive down to Madison and jump in my car, as I will be driving.  Simple solution, I think....... I will be leaving Tuesday night.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #82 on: Feb 28th, 2004, 8:30pm »

oh Thomas that is such a sweet offer, but I have to politely decline, for I do not want to get divorced! LOL  My husband is funny that way, anyhow, I am waiting for him to return from out of town so I can speak to him about the trip.  I'll let ya'll know what comes out of it after that.

Kissmel
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #83 on: Mar 3rd, 2004, 7:16pm »

Leesa mark Buddy and I off. Buddy has work and won't be able to get off and I am just not going to go without him any more. Hate it but work comes first!
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #84 on: Mar 4th, 2004, 6:06pm »

I can'r beleive your not coming E when your so close...why don't you come and share a room with me????
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

For sale:  1 BIG BARKING  HEAD   Price: Free

Email

« Reply #85 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 9:53am »

Im new to this message board stuff..dont even know if it posts   or what. But the question is..what are the conventions like? Are they informative? Fun? I want to try to go..Been dancin for 2 weeks now....if someone wants to drop me a line at my email...I'd like that..ljd1963@yahoo.com...Jim
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
Melissa

Email

« Reply #86 on: Mar 5th, 2004, 10:19am »

Jim, the annual OUCH convention is not only informative but a TON of fun!!  It is a once in a lifetime experience to meet others that suffer with the SAME thing you do!  When I first met other clusterheads for the first time, I felt an instant connection with them, like they were my long lost family.  Not only do they welcome you into their lives, but they STAY in your life.  The ring of support is so strong and understanding, that you never have to say a thing to convince them of your hurting.  They KNOW.  I have made friends for life!  Clusterheads also know how to have fun!  I think we ch'ers know just how precious life is, especially because we are fighting for ours everytime we get hit, that we enjoy life to the fullest when we can.

Jim, I promise you that after your 1st convention, you won't ever want to miss another!!

Smileymel
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #87 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 12:38am »

Jim.....it's like no other !!!! Wether your shy.....sick......strange or ugly you will find instant bonding.....guarentee'd !!! No holes barr'd Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #88 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 8:18am »

I wanna go..this will be my first. Do people look for possible people to share rooms with...to cut costs..or drive together..stuff like that?
IP Logged

I think we should all get together and do a movie..."Night of The Clusterheads". George Romero would have nothing on us!!!
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #89 on: Mar 6th, 2004, 10:31am »

Sure they do ljd1963.....as long as yer not one of the 'Top Wanted' or an axe murderer. Mite wanna post yer area and see if anyone is near there to car pool or if anyone needs a room mate to help costs then take it from there. Pam that's never been on a milk carton or post office wall
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #90 on: Mar 10th, 2004, 2:47pm »

Jim,  (I love that name. lol)

Rest assured that if you,  or anyone else,  is amongst "America's most wanted", we have a contingency committee of ONE  to handle that.  lmao

The first convention I went to I was a little apprehensive also.  
 I'd been talking to these people via a keyboard & moniter for a while, but travelling across the US to meet them?????    
  With-in 5 mins. of being picked up at the airport by Elaine and then afterwards meeting all the others..........I was totally at ease.  

These people here would bend over backwards and trip all over each other trying to help you or anyone who needs help.

We are family here.  I hope you are able to make it Jim.

Oh....and while you're over there at OUCH and getting the registration form?   Sign up to be a member.  

It's one of the least painful things you can do as a Clusterhead.

LindaH

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #91 on: Mar 13th, 2004, 10:02am »

on Mar 6th, 2004, 8:18am, ljd1963 wrote:
I wanna go..this will be my first. Do people look for possible people to share rooms with...to cut costs..or drive together..stuff like that?

Sure, and if someone shows up late - anyone with an extra bed is usually willing to share it.  

The "scared" disappears after about 5 minutes and then you're with family. I've been going off to meet clusterheads since 1999 and haven't found an axe murderer yet. Just great friends.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

jonny

Email

« Reply #92 on: Mar 14th, 2004, 12:11pm »

on Mar 13th, 2004, 10:02am, BarbaraD wrote:
I've been going off to meet clusterheads since 1999 and haven't found an axe murderer yet.

Hi Mom.......Did you call.....LMMFAO Grin

...................jonny
IP Logged
Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #93 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:03am »

Thanks for all the info...Appreciate it..and it will be my first time. Lookin forward to it.
IP Logged

Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #94 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:33am »

By the way...u guys can all call me Luke. I go by Jim...real first name......but Luke is the middle name...I like it better.

By the way...any suggestions on lodging....if not at the hotel where the convention is?
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #95 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:40am »

A box behind McDonalds !!! Jus jokein.....gotta get used to that Luke. Geeze I ain't got my reservation in yet......dam it......."I think" we are goin but I jus ain't positive yet. Hope the hotel isn't filled up......if it is I'll share that box with ya Luke !  Wink  Pam that's got an undecided mind of sorts
IP Logged

Luke63
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #96 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:43am »

Anyone from around the Pittsburgh area thats goin? Im deciding on if i should fly or drive....either way doesnt bother me. Ok cootie......as long a sthat box has a fresh order of fries in it will I stay there...!  Luke
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #97 on: Mar 16th, 2004, 11:46am »

Hi Luke,

There are a TON of hotels in the exact area the Holiday Inn is in.  Just get the address of the Holiday Inn hotel, and then do a search (perhaps on hotels.com) of hotels also on that street.  I'm sure you'll find quite a few!

Smileymel
IP Logged
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

« Reply #98 on: Mar 18th, 2004, 12:51am »

Sorry to say but my wife Chris and I will not be able to attend. After the DAV con04 I would really like to meet and talk to others and the very nice great super people that was there at Davenport. My wife is going to start nursing school now that kids are gone and I have been doing great on present meds. Am on 100% disability so she dont have to worry about me at work or getting there and back or driving someplace.  School starts 2 weeks before convention so we both decided it not need to be missed. The very first important days. She said I could go myself if I could find someone to help me drive there. BTW I have very bad time when trying to drive at nite. But I have decided I will stay home too and start saving for next one. All I can do bummer. Now this message is for Jayne (the nice lady in charge of door prizes) I have 4 gifts all packed and ready to be shipped on Thursday March 18th. So if you look on the up side part of me will be there at the convention right. Well I be writting again and please everyone be PF. Terry
P.S.  guess I spoke too soon got hit big time on wed nite well more like thursday am and waited to use my 10 mg shot of morphine on friday afternoon so I was really out of it so guess what I am saying is JAYNE I promise to ship the door prises monday or tuesday the 22rd or 23rd. write again as soon as I can. PLease evryone be PF. I be gone POOF (like magic).
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2004, 1:41am by gore2424 » IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #99 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 8:26am »

I am registered and look foward to going. Hey Luke, check out the links on the bottom of this post...see yall there!

PFDAN's

IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss