Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « The Beast That Nearly Kills My Daddy »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   The Beast That Nearly Kills My Daddy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Beast That Nearly Kills My Daddy  (Read 371 times)
Alouis

Email

The Beast That Nearly Kills My Daddy
« on: May 5th, 2002, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Lying in bed, waiting for the floor to creek, for the door to open, for him to come out of the dark, away from his sleep, to pace around with an incredible amount of severe pain.  
     I wait as still as can be, just listening. That's all I can do. He comes down the hall towards the bathroom, feet dragging as though his whole body weighs a ton. Closing the door to the bathroom, careful not to wake us, although I'm always there, listening, wide awake. I hear him put the fan on, to drown out the sound of his cries, but it never works.  
     I hear him weeping... my tall, strong, fearless daddy, crying. I can't see him, but I know he's rocking back and forth crushing his head between his hands with all his force. When I think it's almost over, he begins to weep like a child all over again, crying out to God. He curses at the beast inside his head. The pain is so severe it causes him to vomit. Dad opens the door, moaning. He stumbles down the hall towards the freezer, and grabs three icepacks, wrapping them around his head. I'm still listening, wishing I could help him. Wishing I could take it all away from him.
     He begins to moan louder and louder, and the cursing becomes repetitive. "Sh*t... Sh*t... Sh*t... Sh*t." Mom is running around trying to help him, trying to do everything she can possibly do for him.
     He can't take the pain anymore. Stumbling back down the hall he opens the door to outside, and closes it behind him. There's silence. I'm scared. Is Dad okay? I'm lying there in bed, my hands clutching the edge of my blanket. My pillow soaked with tears. Remembering my mom tell me ... one night she found him outside, balling his eyes out, with the gun in his hand.
     Two minutes past and just outside I think I hear a gun shot. My eyes widen, the tears stop, my mouth drops. …And then I hear another one. It's loud and makes me jump. Not a gun. ... my dad's fist almost going straight through the garage door. I begin to cry again. Why does he have to go through this?
     Five minutes later daddy steps back into the house. His right hand bruised and bleeding. I know he probably found something to smash his head with too. Mom comes to see if he's okay, and dad falls to his knees. He cries out, with tears racing down his cheeks, "Oh God, why me? ... why me?" That night he asked my mom to end his life. He asked my mom to put a bullet thru his head, and take him away. That night my dad suffered from the beast again. And the next night... it just happened all over again.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: The Beast That Nearly Kills My Daddy
« Reply #1 on: May 5th, 2002, 10:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That is the most compelling post I have ever read... You my dear are the most thoughtful child.    

We dont know why this happens.  All I know it that we are all in this together.  Your father is so lucky to have you.  
  Does your Dad have a neurologist? Is he chronic or does he have cluster headaches in an episode that comes and goes away for a while.   Give us some more information and we can possibly help you.  I go through the same thing with my husband and my daughter becomes very scared... When my boys were small they felt bad but also became embarrassed when my husband would have an attack if they had friends over.    
 Bring your Dad to the computer and show him the information that you found.  Maybe he will find a drug or a hint that can help him to better cope with his horrible attacks.  Since we came to the site my husbands cycle was shortened last time due to information from Todd, jonny, den, terry, ted, margi, mike, bob, nancy, mast, Elaine, marc, and so on and so on.  There is information from the best source here... EXPERIENCE... good luck and God Bless my prayers are with you... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 6th, 2002, 11:59am »

Child, your post made me cry.  BIG HUGS.  I know how scary it is for you to see your dad like that.

You're a star supporter, young lady.  You're doing some great work there.  I give you an A++++.

Not many posts make me cry anymore, I guess I'm getting a little conditioned to cluster syndrome, but kid - you did it.  I FELT your words, honey.

You're awesome. Smiley

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 6th, 2002, 2:40pm »

I'm very sorry that you must bear witness to this horror that your father lives with.  I have had clusters for the past 18 years.  I know the hell your father lives through.

Please know that your dad does not want you to be scared.  I know that it must be very frightening to hear your dad say all those things.  I've said them myself but didn't mean them.  Most of the time you really don't remember the things you say and do.  I'm sure it's the same way with your dad.  I have a 4 year old son  that I know I have frightened several times and feel very sorry that I have yet I was powerless to stop myself.  I hope you can understand this.  Your dad needs your strength and understanding.  Just be there to support him.  He will ge through it.  And so will you.

Bring your dad to this board.  Let him tell us his story.  I'm sure he can benefit from many things here and will find a way to lessen his pain.  I know I did.

Be strong.  This too shall pass.  Wishing all PFDAN always, Linda T.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
JimG
New Board Junior

Thought I was all alone.

mekinik55  
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 8th, 2002, 3:15pm »

What a great kid, you should be proud of yourself. Dealing with your dad's pain must be very hard. I go through the same thing at night and I never thought about how others see it. You have to know that your dad's pain is what makes him talk and act like that, and I'm sure that he really does NOT want to hurt himself. He needs some help though, and it is really important that he see's this site. I only came here recently, but the help and support I have received has been awesome. Keep up the good work and tell your dad how you feel, and that you want to help him.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Glad I'm not alone, sorry that I have so much company.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss