Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 5:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Supporter(Thanks candy) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   New Supporter(Thanks candy)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Supporter(Thanks candy)  (Read 244 times)
HarleyDoggsWife

Email

New Supporter(Thanks candy)
« on: Jun 28th, 2002, 1:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Smiley  Thanks again Candy , You are the reason I came back to this site!!!!! Thanks for sticking up for me. (in the post good and bad supporters)   Kate ;D
IP Logged
Candy

Email

Re: New Supporter(Thanks candy)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 10:07am »

Sometimes eveyone needs a friend in their corner, Kate, and I know that when you're new here it takes a bit to get used to the interaction.  Glad I could help, and there are a couple of other things you might want to keep in mind:
1 - The best reason to keep coming back is the knowledge to be gained.  The site is a perfect place to learn more about CH, enabling you to be the best supporter you can be.  (A few days ago I knew about my hubby's cycle, but nothing about CH - that's changed, thanks to being here.)  The second best is that there are loads of other people like me that are here to help when you need it, and you get the added bonus of being able to help them too.  That's important, since so much of being a supporter involves feeling helpless to help your loved one.
2 - Although this is 'our' corner, it is open to all members.  Some sufferers don't have supporters at home, and may not have the experience to relate to the way CH affects us.  Also, sufferers won't always see it the way supporters do.  Think about it - if you were a sufferer, simply being the one who just has to live with the person who has a loaded freight train loose in their head might not seem so bad.
3 - Think about any replies you get before you answer.  You may not like the content initially, but if you take a minute (or an hour or a week  Wink to think it over, you may gain valuable insight, a new way of looking at something that's troubling you that makes it easier to bear.  Plus, browsing through the board helps me to get a feel for where different members are coming from.  Part of the reason we can help each other here is that we all have varied experiences and views to draw from.

Hope this helps a bit, and remember, we're a family so sometimes we bicker, but we're in it together!  Take care, and keep coming!
IP Logged
HarleyDoggsWife

Email

Re: New Supporter(Thanks candy)
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 1:56pm »

(laughing here) you are right I am what my hubby calls  Roll Eyes me a volcano waiting to errupt, I keep everything bottled up inside until boom . It doesn't help that hubby just as of today ended a cycle , I know the pain he goes thru I know when I see that look in his eyes Hell is here for awhile. If I could trade places with him tomm I would in a heartbeat. I am a stress magnet for some reason it all comes to me and sticks like glue LOL. I will read and think and rethink and rethink the next time because , what if the person out there has noone ,no help ,no supporter ,and is in a cycle , then I could see where what some say isn't exactly the way it was meant to have been taken!! Thanks !! Kate Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss