Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « starting to understand what's going on »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   starting to understand what's going on
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: starting to understand what's going on  (Read 256 times)
oscar
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

starting to understand what's going on
« on: Jul 4th, 2002, 3:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, my name is Ursula,and my husband Oscar had just been diagnose with Cluster headaches, he had his first episode like 8 years ago, we used to live in Aruba then, and the Dr told us it was, neuralgia; then it stopped, and came back only after he drinked alcohol, he likes to party a lot with friends and family we are having reunions all the time and so he is a very often social drinker (please excuse my english; it's because my first language is spanish), and he used to smoke almost two packs of cigarretes per day; a couple of months ago he started to go down to have half a pack a day, then, he started to do extremly lots of exercises, boxing to be more precise, punching the big bag, and that kind of stuff, until like a 1 1/2 months, those headaches started, went to the Dr. and he was told to have CLUSTER HEADACHES, never heard of it, the only thing i knew, was that now he had an excuse for being rude with me, ofensive, nothing that i did was right; We have three children, 10 and 8 years old and a almost three months old, i've been working so hard for not to fall on a postpartum depression, i thought of everything, that he was in love with someone else, or he just all of the sudden hated me, i even thought about divorce Cry ,I've been feeling very sad  and in a bad mood my self, because i really didn't believe in the little i was told, or the little i found on medicine books, Now, I want to THANK the person who created this site, and all the lovely people that forms part of it, i found it yesterday, and we read as much as we could, and we did it again today, TOGETHER, and like magic we are talking to eachother again, eventhough he still is in the cycle, we know what it is now, and besides his pain, as a couple we are doing much better, thanks to all of you!,It is very hard, for him, and for us watching him suffer, but I hope, with love, understanding and support we'll go through this together as many times it comes and as long as it stays. Thanks again. Smiley

Ursula
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

Re: starting to understand what's going on
« Reply #1 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 3:56am »

You two are very special people. The support you give each other is something all of us supporters try to do for each other. Welcome aboard Oscar and Ursula we are here for you. Oscar, I have been dealing with clusters for 23 years and this site has really helped. Sharing has been the key for me. People here truly understand, a sense of humor also helps. PFDAN to you man Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Jul 4th, 2002, 8:05am »

Urslua and Oscar.........what a nice post.  Sometimes the key to a problem is so hard to find, but when you do find it, everything comes into focus. Ch.com has been the answer to many peoples' problem of feeling alone, neglected, guilty, angry and misunderstood.  The people who call this "home" are wonderful, caring people and are ready to jump in at the first cry for help.

Check out the OUCH site as well for even more great information.  It's in the left margin.

Welcome. Cool
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2002, 7:33am »

Welcome Ursula... You are a great wife and supporter to your husband.  Try to give him space when he gets his attacks.  Just let him know you are there... and know that we are here for you on this board when you need us for YOUR support.   We all speak the same language here...  no need to worry your English is great.  My husband has CH also and I have had to deal with raising kids behind the scenes of CH and wondering all the same thoughts you had too.  Good Luck friend   ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Jazsaunt

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 12:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ursula,
I too just recently found this wonderful place.  My husband just began getting CH last month.  We had never heard of such a thing until he was diagnosed.  This sight is full of great people and bunches of information.  I have found that sitting down with my husband (Bill) and reading posts really helps him (and I) cope with all that we are going through.  We know that we are not alone now.  Best of luck to you and yours.
        Bill & Michelle
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss