Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 3:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A few questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   A few questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A few questions  (Read 248 times)
Todds_wife

Email

A few questions
« on: Jul 12th, 2002, 9:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello all,
Im glad to have found this website. Ive cruised around a bit tonite and decided to just dive right in and ask a few questions. Forgive my long post, Ive got lots to say/ask.
My husband, 32 yrs old has had headaches all his life. We have been married 11 years, 2 children. He did not start having severe headaches until he began a very stressful job. These bangers were on a daily basis, usually more than one a day. Usually he would  retreat to the bathtub, tie a sock around his head as tight as he can, moans,groans,cries, occasional vomiting. He is in excrutiating pain. Cry Last spring he lost that stressful job and wa-la: headaches gone with the wind. When we had insurance, he took Elavil and Imitrex pills and nasal spray. They helped a little, but not enough.
Fast forward to October 2001. He got another job, same field. About 2 months ago he was promoted to the position he formally held with another company. The stress has escalted in the last few weeks, and surprise! Headaches back worse than ever. They are everyday, even when he is off. Usually strike at night.Last night's episode was the worst he's had in a long time. He got in the tub with the sock on his head moaning and groaning, and within a minute or two was puking in the toilet. Got up,paced,groaned,back in tub. Then the vomiting got out of control and he was puking all over himself while I was scurrying for a bucket so he wouldnt have to get out of the tub.Strangly,he was also passing alot of gas while vomiting. This went on for hours, until almost 5 am.I spent about an hour just holding his wet limp body and rocking back and forth with him (he wanted me to, I wouldnt dare touch him unless he wanted it)I did not go to sleep because Im afraid he will drown in the tub and I want to be there for him, even if its just on the side ( I know he doesnt usually like me to try to comfort him during an attack, Im just there to bring the Excedrine, OJ,the sock and other wierd things that sometimes help like chocolate). While it rips my heart out to witness the demon taking over him,I remain calm even though as soon as I leave the room I cry and wish the pain would be on me instead. Cry  
I dont know what "type" of headache these are classified as, but they definitly are severe each and every time. Usually last no less than an hour,on one side of the head near the temple.  
I guess to sum up my question: does anyone know any nonprescription remedies other than Excedrine, sometimes Tylanol sinus,chocolate,orange juice, a sock, a hot tub of water?  We do not have insurance coverage now, so I dont see many options. I havent researched very much on this, but I read here and there something about Prednisone in managing migrains. I have a chronic illness myself  and have a whole bunch of that on hand from when I had to take it for a while, and I refilled it a bunch of times while I did have coverage just in case I needed it at a time when I wasnt covered. Anyone know about the connection with Prednisone? Im desperate to help him. Not in a selfish - Im so tired of his headaches disrupting our lives - sort of way, but purely out of my intense love for him. NOONE should have to go through this! Any comments/ideas are welcome.
IP Logged
oscar
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2002, 1:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi , I'm Ursula, Oscar's wife, I'm so sorry you and your husband  are going through all this and to make it worst without the help of an insurance!!!, My husband, didn't have an insurance by the time he was diagnosed, like 1 1/2 months ago, now he has one that covers  some % of Dr.'s and medicines; and neurologists, scans and medicines are VERY expensive.
I'm sure there has to be some kind of help for people that don't have insurance and can't afford the expenses of Dr's and medicines, in my country they would leave you to die if you can't pay but not in USA, here there is always a helping hand, I'm sure somebody in this message board will soon give you the information you need to get profesional help for your husband.
Regarding the vomiting as far as i could read i think is not too comon, but it happens, though not to my husband "yet", but i know (it happened to me once) when you feel pain of any kind too intense you could feel nausea.
What I agree a lot is with the stress factor, our business comes included with lots of it and we are sure that together with other things created an inbalance in his organism, resulting into cluster....Just today he was in a situation that made him feel tense, and pop! the demon started to show, he inmediatly used imitrex spray and helped him a lot. sometimes very warm showers with the water falling straight on the side that hurts helps, and also doing some pushups , and walk, walk, walk... I read something regarding, extreme change in temperatures might be a triger, so maybe the tub is not helping but making it worst, i wish i could help more but we are new on this also, when i read your letter remind me so much of us, my husband is 31 years old, we are 11 1/2 years married and just had our third child three months ago. I wish you all the best, and hope  your husband can get help soon either with medicines or naturally.

Ursula

PD: Also forgot, about the prednisone, The Dr. prescribed to my husband for two weeks but it didn't help, I think it is for breaking the cycle but it didn't work on him. Excuse my spelling, since spanish is my first language Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss