Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hang in there »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Hang in there
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hang in there  (Read 270 times)
smartie

Email

Hang in there
« on: Aug 4th, 2002, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[color=Pink][/color] Smiley Cry Angry Cry Smiley
My husband has the headaches, he has suffered for 20 years, I have only been around for the last 6. I know how hard it is to watch the person you love go through that pain, the headaches effect the whole family. Our son is 1 year old and has to have quiet times!!! I am pregnant with our second baby and feel fit for nothing, let alone having to battle constanly with the doctors we come in contact with who seem to have no concept of what a cluster headache is!!! I have no energy and my poor hubby feels like it is all his fault, he is self employed and we are not earning an awful lot at the moment, I just thank god every day that we all are all still alive!!, function and try to sleep a bit. We have now started on the Sumitriptan injections which are fantastic and also accupuncture which touch wood seems to be working. We WILL beat this curse, I will not let the man I love go through this anymore!!! We will keep you posted with progress and I'm thinking of you all-supporters-you are all brilliant, never forget it and never give up. This website has given me new strength-I knew I had it in me somewhere!!! Remember, people who have no contact with clusters, also have no idea of how dabilitating they can be and always want to find a reason or trigger-let them think what they want and look after yourselves!!!! Others are not your problem, the clusters are and you need all your strength to fight them, so save your energy!!!
Love and pain free days to you all
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Hang in there
« Reply #1 on: Aug 4th, 2002, 7:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You are very sweet... remind me of someone... anyway.
I say this all the time WELCOME to our family... let us know how and if we can help you... If your husband needs to vent tell him to come here and read and know that he is not alone... The deepest most wonderful feeling in all of this if there can be anything wonderful about CH, is knowing the great people I have met and the support that I feel here.  We are not alone.  You are not alone... dont forget to take time for you... Seems like sometimes when you face life with a Cluster Sufferer
that it is always all about them... We do that to ourselves sometimes.  Alot of times they want to be alone to ride out the attack and knowing you are in the house is enough... You need to remember that you are pregnant and have a 1 year old bundle to care for too.  You can email me at Ree16angel @aol.com if you would like or IM or join the chat group... We would love to have you... Good luck Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #2 on: Aug 4th, 2002, 10:27pm »

Nobody says it better than Ree. Okay for you to vent too. We need outlets when the pressure builds, supporters and sufferers alike. Welcome to the family and get hubby on board. It's a win win situation for all Smiley
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 7th, 2002, 10:42pm »

thanks for the kind words Paul you have no idea how good it is to be appreciated...  

Smartie... How are you feeling??? be sure to let us know when that bundle arrives...   another sweet cherub for the world... ():)
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
smartie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 3:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

SmileyHey Ree
Thanks 4 support
Feeling not too bad considering, had nearly a full week of (almost) full nights sleep so feeling like we can cope a bit better. Since this time last week (1st accupuncture session) Alister has only had 4 "heads" which we have controlled easily with the Sumitriptan injections. Had second session today to top up and keeping fingers crossed. Number one son has also been sleeping better and has been to the Grandparents overnight a few times so getting so decent rest (Grandparents v. tired though!!!) Number 2 not due until Valentines day next year so still got the long haul to go yet!! Take care all and thanks again
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 7:12pm »

Hi Smartie so this is the point where you just start to feel good again... Once you get through this next month you will be golden... try to nap if you can.  Did I tell you the trick with the imatrex... If your hubby has pills tell him to take one before he goes to bed then by the time his REM sleep starts if he has an attack the Imatrex will be starting to get into his system... If he gets one it wont be a 10 and hopefully not as long... Also few on the board have tried melatonin or benadryl to avoid that REM sleep... Dave takes conazepam to sleep. Keep coming back someone someday will have the silver bullet I promise. LOL
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss