Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Please Help »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Please Help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Please Help  (Read 307 times)
soworried

Email

Please Help
« on: Aug 9th, 2002, 11:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My dad is suffering and I don't know what to do.  We took him to the emergency room and they don't help.  He's getting them every half hour.  He's throwing up and saying he wants to die.  It's so hard to believe God exists right now.  Is anyone there who can tell me what I can do please.
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Sowooried,

You are here so i guess it's head ache pain dad is suffering.  You can suggest 02.  You can print out as much info from this marvelous website as you can find!  Get your dad to start searching around for a neurologist in your area (there is a list on the OUCH website - buttons to the left)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.  Hang in there.  One step at a time.  

Best luck, Kim Smiley
IP Logged
BJ

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 10:50am »

Hi there,
This is my first time in here. I've been with my b/f for about 6 months now and yesterday was the first time he told me he suffers from CH. I'm convinced it wasn't easy for him to do that. He gave me this address in case I wanted to get some more info. Believe me, I've been reading this site for hours. Until now I haven't witnessed any of his attacks, but he tried to explain me what happens and how it feels for him. Honestly, it really scared me, but I love him more than anything and I will always be there for him. Therefore I'm gratefull for this site. I'm sure this will help me to deal with it when the time comes. Although, of course, I hope it never will ...
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 11:12am »

First of all I`m sorry that youre father are having a hard time.
Then I`m gonna welcome you to "Clusterville"and tell you that you are in the right place.We are all friends here and trying to help the best we can.
Finally i`ll add my medications:

I just wont to add my medications for breaking out of cycle.But remember that i`m not a doc,just another clusterhead from Norway  

Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle    
Oxygene alone at 10ltm for 15 minutes or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few secons after that you are almost painfree    
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg    
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 60-40-30-20-10-5mg /daily    

This is the miraclecure for me,but i`m not a doc.just another clusterhead from Norway    

Take care

ps/hope you find what you are looking for

Svenn

IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:16pm »

Hi Soworried AND BJ.

First of all, Soworried, has your dad been diagnosed with cluster headaches by a neurologist?  A couple of things you said in your post are quite uncommon in the symptoms of clusters - vomiting does happen, but it's not that common and getting them every half hour could mean that he MIGHT be getting CPH (Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania) - cluster attacks usually last a little longer and don't happen so close together.   Is he taking any meds for his headaches?  Vomiting can be a side effect of meds, for sure.

If it's CPH, indocin is almost 100% effective in treatment.  Ask your dad to take the Cluster Quiz on the left, here - it's pretty good at pointing folks to see if they really do have clusters.  And, please show him the rest of the site here - it can really help him to know he's not alone with his pain.

As to what you can do for him when he IS in pain (and this applies to you too, BJ) ask him what he wants you to do for him - but make sure you ask him when he's not having an attack!  Does he want you to bring him ice?  water?  meds?  Does he want you to just leave him alone? Lots of sufferers prefer to deal with their pain alone and being there, firing questions at them is only going to make things worse for both of you.

Please, both of you, read everything you can here.  There is a wealth of information here for sufferers and supporters.  Pull up a chair and learn all you can.

Best of luck to you both - being a supporter for chronic pain and maintaining the patience required is sometimes a pretty bumpy road.  But you're not alone - we're here to help, ok?

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2002, 12:17pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
BJ

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 6:00pm »

Thank you so much Margi. It really means a lot to me to know that there are people I can turn to whenever I feel the need.
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2002, 11:44pm »

The info you provided is limited. If he has not been checked to rule out an organic problem, this should be done. Stay focused. Lead him through it. Have him check info on this site to discover if he is one of us CHers. Knowledge minimizes the panic. We are here for you and him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss